We all want BIG snow, so let's encourage Mother Nature to bring our favorite weather to town with a good old fashioned snow dance. Show us your snow dance by tagging #TahoeSnowDance for a chance to win daily prizes and a shot at being a part of the final four dance off.
Winner will be announced soon!
Submit Your Best #TahoeSnowDance
- December 1-14, 2014
- Daily winner based on best moves, creativity and originality
- Daily prize winner receives:
- (2) any day lift tickets to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
- Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows giveaways
#TahoeSnowDance Dance Off
- December 14-16, 2014
- Fans vote on best 4 videos
- Grand prize winner receives:
- (2) Adult Silver Season Passes
- Pair of HEAD Skis of your choice
- 2 night weekend stay at The Village at Squaw Valley
- Unlimited Dawn Patrol for 2 people during the 2014-15 season
- (2) snowtubing tickets
Submit videos on Instagram, Twitter via Vine or on your Facebook page and then added through this page. Use #TahoeSnowDance for a chance to win.
#TahoeSnowDance Contest Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. The #TahoeSnowDance Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows® Ski Resorts, P.O. Box 2007, c/o 1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to legal residents residing in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of Alpine Meadows or Squaw Valley, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Contest are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By submitting and entry to this Content, the Entrant (may also be referred to herein as “You”), agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins December 1, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PST) and ends on December 14, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Entry Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the #TahoeSnowDance Contest You must post an original photo or video that dazzles viewers with your representation of a snowdance (submission will hereinafter be referred to as “Video”) and tagged #TahoeSnowDance using one of the three outlets:
- Via Instagram
- Via Twitter or Vine
- Via Facebook
- On this page
The Video must be original and have the #TahoeSnowDance tag. All Videos tagged #TahoeSnowDance on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram will automatically be posted here: squawalpine.com/tahoesnowdance-contest By entering the Contest, You represent, acknowledge, and warrant that the submitted Video is an original work created solely by the Entrant, that the Video does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the Video. Tip: Don’t forget to get releases from people that are recognizable in your Video!
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. All Videos submitted to as part of the Contest become the property of Sponsor with all of the rights granted herein. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged or mislaid, howsoever caused. Videos may be posted on any Sponsor-owned websites for review by the public. The public will have the ability to view posted Videos and vote for the Video(s) they like the most.
You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall not be required or have any obligation to host, index, display, accept or use any submitted Video and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove or refuse to host, index, display, accept, use or do anything at all with respect to any Video submitted. Once You submit or attempt to submit your Video, You shall have no right to prohibit, restrict, revoke or terminate any of the rights granted to Sponsor hereunder.
You are not entitled to and You will not receive any compensation or other consideration for your Video or any use made of your Video once submitted directly or posted to Sponsor’s website.
You must own the rights to each Video You submit and each element of each Video You submit and the right to grant all of the authorizations, permissions, approvals, consents, rights and licenses as described in these Rules.
By submitting your Video to Sponsor, in addition to the rights, licenses and privileges referred to above, You hereby grant to Sponsor the unqualified, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty free right, license, authorization and permission to use and refer to all related name(s), logo(s), mark(s), image(s), characteristic(s) or other distinctive identifications associated with your Video, including your name and likeness, in connection with the marketing, advertising and promotion of the Video on Sponsor’s websites, and on any products, goods, features, functions, capabilities and/or services associated with Sponsor and to use and otherwise exploit any ideas, concepts, content, material, expression or form of expression, in whole or in part, contained in your Video, for any purpose whatsoever, without any compensation or accounting to You, in products or services developed by Sponsor, without limitation or restriction whatsoever.
Sponsor reserves the right to review any submitted Video and to delete, remove, move, edit or reject, without notice to You, any Video that Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, abusive, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, in violation of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights, to be in violation of these terms and conditions or to be unacceptable to Sponsor for any reason or for no reason whatsoever; provided, however, Sponsor shall have no obligation or liability to You for failure to do so or for doing so in any particular manner. Rejected Videos will render your submission ineligible. If Sponsor receives notice of any claim of infringement that satisfies specific legal requirements, such as notice and takedown requirements under U.S. copyright law, Sponsor may remove Video(s) associated with such claim. Sponsor reserves the right to provide information to law enforcement officials, governmental agencies and pursuant to judicial or regulatory compulsion, to protect their respective interests, Sponsor’s websites or to comply with legal, regulatory, audit and compliance obligations.
7. VOTING; SELECTION OF WINNER(S) IN #TahoeSnowDance CONTEST. Upon posting of a Video, viewers (who must have Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts to vote) can vote for that Video by hovering over the Video, clicking “Vote” and the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter button during the period from December 14, 2014 through December 16, 2014. Viewers’ voting will be used by Sponsor to select the Grand Prize Winner. Weekly winners will be selected by Sponsor among all entries for that week (Monday-Sunday) and will be chosen daily from December 1-14, 2014. Each Entrant can only win the daily prize for a posted Video once. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected on or about December 16, 2014 and Sponsor will select such based on the highest number of votes received during the voting period of December 14-16, 2014 only. Daily and Grand Prize winners will be awarded their respective prize, so long as the respective Entrant has complied with all applicable laws and regulations and these Official Rules. Entrants need not be present to win. Any Entrant that does not comply with these Official Rules may be disqualified by Sponsor at any time without notice.
14 (14) Daily Prize Packages (one (1) per day only): (2) Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows adult any day lift tickets for 2014-15 season (value approx. $225) and Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows swag (value approx. $50)
One (1) Grand Prize Package: (2) Adult Silver Season Passes (value approx. $1,200), one pair of HEAD skis (value approx. $1,000), two-night weekend stay at The Village at Squaw Valley (value approx. $800), Unlimited Dawn Patrol for 2014-15 season (value approx.. $300), and (2) snowtubing tickets (value approx. $24).
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Prizes may not be resold or transferred by winner under any circumstances. Winners are also subject to all Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadow’s resort rules and policies. Prize winners are responsible for payment of any applicable income tax. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted by Sponsor.
9. WINNER SELECTION. Voting for the Grand Prize Winner as described above may occur only during the period of December 14, 2014 through December 16, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected by Sponsor based on viewer voting among all entries during the period, December 1, 2014 through December 14, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about December 14, 2014. Each Contest Winner will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a release of liability and any other documents that Sponsor may reasonably require. If such Contest Winner does not reply to any Sponsor notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to such Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
10. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Contest Winner(s) will be notified on Instagram, on Squaw Valley’s website, by Twitter direct message, or by e-mail, at the latest within ten days following the end of the Entry Period. If a selected winner is not available to accept the prize, Sponsor retains the right to revoke the prize and select an alternate winner through the same Contest process. All prizes must be claimed within seven days of notification.
11. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By submitting a Video, You grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the copy and any portions thereof in any format (collectively "distribute" or "distribution," as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS. If any provision of the Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, You acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and You agree that all decisions of Sponsor are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to your and anyone else’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
13. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Contest, You agree to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Contest, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, and You agree to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor and their parent and affiliated companies, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, members, officers, managers and shareholders (each a “Released Party”) from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram or Facebook. You agree that You are providing information to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram. The information You provide will only be used for administration of the Contest.
14. CHOICE OF LAW. YOU AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and SPONSOR in connection with the Contest, will be GOVERNED BY CALIFORNIA LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION will be in the District Court for the State of California or in Federal Court for the State of California
15. WINNERS LIST. For name of daily winners and Grand Prize Winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope after December 20, 2014 but before June 29, 2015, to Sponsor at #TahoeSnowDance Contest Winners List, Marketing Department – ATTN Jackie Megnin, PO Box 2007,Olympic Valley, CA 96146.