#TahoePassQuest Scavenger Hunt
Find the hidden Gold Season Pass
To celebrate the start of winter we're going to hide 12 Gold Season Passes throughout the Bay Area, Sacramento, Reno and North Lake Tahoe between November 17 - December 14, 2015. Find the hidden season passes by following the clues that we release on Twitter and Instagram using #TahoePassQuest.
How it works
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- We'll announce what general area we are in i.e. San Francisco, Reno, etc on these social media channels using #TahoePassQuest
- Look out for a second clue an hour later on our Twitter account (@squawalpine) to give more specific instructions on where the Gold Season Pass may be hidden
- One final clue will be announced on our Twitter account (@squawalpine) to give the exact location of the hidden Gold Season Pass using #TahoePassQuest
- First person to reach the final location will be given one (1) 2015-16 Gold Season Pass
- Next 10 people to show up will receive a 2 for 1 lift ticket voucher valid Sunday-Friday, non-holiday
Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows®
Tahoe Pass Quest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE TAHOE PASS QUEST (the “Contest”). PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows resort, P.O. Box 2007, c/o 1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 (collectively, the “Sponsor” or “Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to persons who are at least 18 years of age and legal residents residing within 100-miles of the following: Reno, Nevada; Sacramento, California; Berkeley, California; San Francisco, California; Truckee, California or the Olympic Valley in Placer County, California. This Contest is void outside those specific areas and also where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) or members of households of Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows, their respective companies, parent companies, advertising, and publicity agencies and the Contest site hosting partners involved in the conduct of this Contest are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize in the Contest. Each participant must read these Official Rules in their entirety. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins November 16, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. PST and ends on December 14, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Entry Period”). Contest clues will be posted at #TahoePassQuest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at various dates and times during the Entry Period.
5. HOW TO ENTER; WINNER SELECTION. The Contest is in the nature of a scavenger hunt. To enter the Contest an eligible participant (the “Entrant”) must follow #TahoePassQuest on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram, watch for a clue posting and properly complete all necessary actions required in the Contest clue. On each day that a Contest clue is posted at #TahoePassQuest, the very first Entrant who properly completes all necessary actions required in the clue and who arrives first at the final location of the hidden prizes for such day’s part of the Contest will be the winner of one (1) Grand Prize (the “Day’s Grand Prize Winner”). After the Day’s Grand Prize Winner arrives there, the next ten (10) Entrants (the second through eleventh Entrant arrivers) who respectively properly complete all necessary actions required in the clue and arrive at the final location of the hidden prizes for such day’s part of the Contest will each be the winner of one (1) Runner-Up Prize (each a “Runner-up”). On each day that a Contest clue is posted at #TahoePassQuest, Sponsor will announce, at or after 2:00 p.m. PST on Sponsor’s website (www.squawalpine.com/tahoepassquest) and on Twitter, who the Day’s Grand Prize Winner is; Runner-ups will not be announced.
Entrant must have a Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter account(s) in order to follow #TahoePassQuest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for Entrants’ follows or posts or for receipt of any clue that are late, incomplete, unfound, misdirected, illegible or corrupt; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or unauthorized human intervention; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entrants’ follows or posts or receipt of clues or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
6. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Contest, Entrant agree that he/she ASSUMES ALL RISKS associated with entering, participating in or being awarded a prize in the Contest including, without limitation, participating in any Contest-related activity such as completing actions required in a clue or arriving at a location; accepting, possessing, using or misusing any prize; or using any of the facilities or locations where the Contest occurs or where the prize is used (the “Contest Risks”). Entrant agrees to forever hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor as well as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and the Contest site hosting partners, and their respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, members, officers, managers, shareholders and contractors (each of which is a released party) from all liabilities, demands, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property of any kind arising from any of the Contest Risks or any other risks which are in any way associated with the Contest.
7. PRIZES. There are twelve (12) Grand Prizes to be awarded in the Contest, one (1) each day that a clue is posted at #TahoePassQuest and for which there is a Day’s Grand Prize Winner. Each Entrant can win only one (1) Grand Prize. Each “Grand Prize” consists of:
One (1) 2015-2016 adult Gold Tahoe Super Pass™ (approximate value $809).
There are one hundred twenty (120) Runner-up Prizes to be awarded in the Contest, ten (10) each day that a clue is posted at #TahoePassQuest and for which there is a Day’s Grand Prize Winner and ten (10) Runner-ups. An Entrant can win more than one (1) Runner-up Prize. Each “Runner-up Prize” consists of:
One (1) voucher valid for 2-lift-tickets-for-the-price-of-1 at Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows any non-holiday Sunday through Friday during the 2015-2016 season; voucher not valid during these black-outs: each Saturday and December 26-31, 2015; January 16-17, 2016; and February 13-14, 2016 (approximate value $120).
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS APPLY. Each winner will be awarded a prize so long as such Entrant has complied with all applicable laws and regulations and these Official Rules. The prizes may not be resold or transferred by Day’s Grand Prize Winners or Runner-ups (individually or collectively, “Contest winners”) under any circumstances. Contest winners are also subject to all Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows resort rules and policies including, without limitation, each Day’s Grand Prize Winner reading and executing a standard Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows Season Pass Agreement and Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement before the Grand Prize is issued to the Day’s Prize Winner. Contest winners are responsible for payment of applicable income or other taxes. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted by Sponsor; Sponsor’s Worry-free Guarantee is not applicable to any Grand Prize. Any person who enters or attempts to enter the Contest but does not comply with these Official Rules is automatically disqualified from winning a prize.
8. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS; ACCEPTANCE. Contest winners will be notified on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram, on Sponsor’s website, by Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram direct message, or by e-mail, within five (5) days of winning. Each prize must be accepted by the Contest winner within five (5) days’ notice from Sponsor. If a Contest winner does not respond or is otherwise not available to accept a prize, such Contest winner may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and an alternate Contest winner may be selected by Sponsor or its designee.
Each Day’s Grand Prize Winner will be required to read, sign and return within five (5) days of receipt from Sponsor: (i) an Affidavit of Eligibility/Contest Consent & Release; (ii) a standard Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows Season Pass Agreement and Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement; and (iii) any other document(s) that Sponsor may reasonably require. Each Runner-up may be required to read, sign and return within five (5) days of receipt from Sponsor items (i) and (iii) above. If a Contest winner fails to return any such required documentation within five (5) days of delivery to such Contest winner, such Contest winner may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and an alternate Contest winner may be selected.
9. LIMITATIONS; GENERAL CONDITIONS. This Contest or any promotion of it or Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram or Facebook. Entrant agrees that he/she is providing information to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram or Facebook.
By entering the Contest and/or accepting any prize, where permitted by law, such Contest winner grants to Sponsor and its assignees the unfettered right of publicity in connection with the Contest including, but not limited to, the right to use and publish such Contest winner’s name, image, voice, content and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and perpetually, without further notification, review or approval.
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply to the Contest. If any provision of the Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from persons residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
10. CHOICE OF LAW; VENUE. Each Entrant agrees that any and all claims arising in connection with the Contest including, but not limited to, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be governed by California law and exclusive jurisdiction and venue will be in the Superior Court of Placer County, California.
11. WINNERS LIST. For names of Contest winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope after January 2, 2016 but before March 2, 2016, to Sponsor at #TahoePassQuest Contest Winners List, Marketing Department – ATTN Jackie Megnin, PO Box 2007, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.