Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows® #StudentsShareTheMtn Contest Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win this contest. Purchase will not improve chances of winning.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows® Ski Resort, P.O. Box 2007, c/o 1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open to local High School Students in the Tahoe/Truckee area and High School registered SVAM Ski Team members. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins December 15, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PST) and ends on January 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. PST (the “Entry Period”). Winners notified on February 1, 2019.
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the #StudentsShareTheMtn Contest you must post an original video-tagged #StudentsShareTheMtn using these outlets:
All videos tagged #StudentsShareTheMtn on Youtube or Instagram will automatically be posted here: https://squawalpine.com/StudentsShareTheMtn
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. All Videos submitted to Sponsor as part of the Contest become the property of Sponsor with all of the rights granted herein. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged or mislaid, howsoever caused.
By entering the Contest, you represent, acknowledge, and warrant that the submitted video is an original work created solely by the you, that the video does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the video. Tip: Don’t forget to get releases from people that are recognizable in your video!
You are not entitled to and you will not receive any compensation or other consideration for your video or any use made of your photo once submitted directly or posted to Sponsor’s website.
The video must not, as determined in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for late, incomplete, unfound, misdirected or illegible/corrupt entries/tweets; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
7. SELECTION OF WINNER(S) IN # CONTEST. The contest is open to local Tahoe/Truckee High School grade students and SVAM Ski Team High School students. Entries will be judged on the impact of their safety message, original creative concept, and technical execution. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Risk Management and Sponsor Representatives will judge the video. Sponsor may disqualify any entrant that does not comply with these Official Rules at any time without notice.
8. PRIZES. First Prize: $2,500 Scholarship, Fan Favorite: A selection of top videos from the contest will be posted online from February 1 through May 1 2019. The video that receives the most votes will receive a $500 prize.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS APPLY AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
9. WINNER SELECTION. Winners will be selected by Sponsor based on video quality and originality among all entries during the period, January 15th through April 15th, 2019. Each Contest Winner will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a release of liability and any other documents that Sponsor may reasonably require. If such Contest Winner does not reply to any Sponsor notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to such Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
10. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Contest Winner(s) will be notified by email or phone
11. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By submitting a video, you grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the copy and any portions thereof in any format (collectively "distribute" or "distribution," as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and its Judge are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
13. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Contest, you agree to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Contest, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor and their parent and affiliated companies, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, members, officers, managers and shareholders (each a “Released Party”) from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with UTube, Instagram, GoPro
14. CHOICE OF LAW. YOU AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be GOVERNED BY CALIFORNIA LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION will be in the District Court for the State of California or in Federal Court for the State of California
15. WINNERS LIST. For name of chosen winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope after May 20th, 2019 to Sponsor at #StudentsShareTheMtn Contest Winners List, Risk Department – ATTN Syd Earley, PO Box 2007, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.