Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows®
#SpringSkiingCapital Contest Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows® Ski Resort, P.O. Box 2007, c/o 1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to legal residents residing in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of Alpine Meadows or Squaw Valley, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Contest are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Alpine Meadows, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins April 23 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PST) and ends on May 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Entry Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the #SpringSkiingCapital Contest you must post an original photo taken at Squaw Valley ski resort or Alpine Meadows ski resort during the 2017-18 season and tagged #SpringSkiingCapital using one of the two outlets:
Photos must have been taken at Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows and have the #SpringSkiingCapital tag. All photos tagged #SpringSkiingCapital on Twitter or Instagram will automatically be posted here: squawalpine.com/springskiingcapital#share
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. All Photos submitted to Sponsor as part of the Contest become the property of Sponsor with all of the rights granted herein. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged or mislaid, howsoever caused.
By entering the Contest, you represent, acknowledge, and warrant that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the you, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph. Tip: Don’t forget to get releases from people that are recognizable in your photo!
You are not entitled to and you will not receive any compensation or other consideration for your photo or any use made of your photo once submitted directly or posted to Sponsor’s website.
The photograph must not, as determined in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for late, incomplete, unfound, misdirected or illegible/corrupt entries/tweets; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
7. SELECTION OF WINNER(S) IN #SpringSkiingCapital CONTEST. Weekly winners will be selected by Sponsor among all entries for that week (Monday-Sunday) and will be chosen every Monday from April 29 – May 31, 2018. Each entrant in the contest can only win the weekly prize for a posted photo once. Weekly winners will be awarded their respective prize, so long as the respective entrant has complied with all applicable laws and regulations and these Official Rules. All weekly winners are automatically entered to win the Grand Prize. Grand prize winner will be selected through fan voting from May 28-June 1, 2018. Voting will be posted here: squawalpine.com/springskiingcapital#share. Daily voting will occur from May 22-28, 2017 and the content with the most fan votes will be declared the Grand Prize Winner. Any entrant that does not comply with these Official Rules may be disqualified by Sponsor at any time without notice.
8. PRIZES. Six (6) Weekly Prize Packages GoPro Session (value approx. $300), Yeti Rambler (value approx. $30) and (one (1) per week only): (1) pair of Oakley goggles (value approx. $150) (1) pair of Oakley sunglasses (value approx. $100). Grand Prize is (1) and (1) 2018-19 Ikon Base Pass (value approx. $599) and (1) pair of Head skis (value approx. $600).
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS APPLY. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted by Sponsor.
9. WINNER SELECTION. Weekly Winner will be selected by Sponsor based on photo quality and originality among all entries during the period, April 23 – May 31, 2017. Each Contest Winner will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a release of liability and any other documents that Sponsor may reasonably require. If such Contest Winner does not reply to any Sponsor notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to such Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
10. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Contest Winner(s) will be notified on Instagram or Twitter within ten (10) days following the end of each entry period. If a selected winner is not available to accept the prize, Sponsor retains the right to revoke the prize and select an alternate winner through the same Contest process. All prizes must be claimed within seven days of notification.
11. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By submitting a photo, you grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the copy and any portions thereof in any format (collectively "distribute" or "distribution," as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and its Judge are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
13. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Contest, you agree to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Contest, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor and their parent and affiliated companies, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, members, officers, managers and shareholders (each a “Released Party”) from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram, GoPro, Oakley
14. CHOICE OF LAW. YOU AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be GOVERNED BY CALIFORNIA LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION will be in the District Court for the State of California or in Federal Court for the State of California
15. WINNERS LIST. For name of weekly winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope after May 31, 2018 but before September 30, 2018, to Sponsor at #SpringSkiingCapital Contest Winners List, Marketing Department – ATTN Jackie Megnin, PO Box 2007, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.