The Jr Development U10 Team’s mission is to help young skiers develop strong fundamental skills, learn to be part of a team, gain a joy and passion for skiing in a fun and challenging team environment. Our experienced coaches focus on progressive skill acquisition, knowledge of the skier’s responsibility code, respect for the mountain and having fun.
Jr Development U10 is for skiers who wish to
- Explore racing or are committed to competitive racing. Days are a blend of racing and all mountain, overall skill development.
- Team serves as a stepping stone to the U12 USSA Far West Team, the Development Team or Big Mountain; athletes have the chance to train gates and can compete in Intramural, Tahoe League or US Ski and Snowboard Far West races but still have the best opportunity to free ski and develop skills.
- Team encompasses commitment and ability levels from U10 Far West competitive racing to Development and introductory racing in the Tahoe League.
|Weekends & Holidays||7-9||8:45am-2:30pm||December 8, 2018 - April 7, 2019||$3,449|
|Full Time (Squaw Valley Only)||7-9||See calendar||December 8, 2018 - April 7, 2019||$4,049|
*Team fees DO NOT include a season pass. Purchase of the Ikon Pass is required.
|Breaks and Snacks||We ski and get mileage! However, we usually take a short break for a quick snack. Please provide a healthy pocket snack and money for hot chocolate.|
|Lunch||Meals not included.|
|Bad Weather||Our goal is to ski every day. We may have a delayed start or cancel on the odd occasion due to weather or operational challenges. This decision is made on advisement of Executive Mountain Management. Please check our website for the Daily Training Schedule or call the Ski Team office at 530-581-8249 after 7am.|
|Drop Off / Pick Up Location|
Big tree at the base of the Funitel lift.
- Must purchase Ikon Pass.
- Must have participated in a prior development program equivalent to Alpine Ranger, Mighty Mites or Big Mountain Team.
- Must have coach recommendation or have graduated from Alpine Ranger Team, Mighty Mites or Big Mountain Team
- Skiers new to the program must provide ski experience profile
- Skiers must be comfortable loading and unloading chairlift
- Team members must be independent and able to ski the entire mountain in most conditions.
- Helmets & eye protection are required for all team members.