The Development Team’s mission is to help young skiers develop strong fundamental skills, learn to be part of a team, gain a joy and passion for skiing in a fun and challenging team environment. Our experienced coaches focus on progressive skill acquisition, knowledge of the skier’s responsibility code and safe skiing, respect for the mountain and having fun.
Development ages 7-9 now found under Jr Development U10.
Development program is for skiers who want to
- Development Team is committed to continued skill development and a blend of racing and all-mountain skiing.
- Athletes participate in the semi-competitive Tahoe League Racing Series and/or Intramurals.
- The Development Team can serve also serve as a stepping stone in to the U System U12 or U14 Far West with a coach recommendation, Club Racing Team, and/or Big Mountain.
|Weekends & Holidays||10-13||8:45am-2:30pm||December 8, 2018 - April 7, 2019||$3,349|
|Full Time||10-13||See calendar||December 8, 2018 - April 7, 2019||$3,849|
|Club Team||14-18||8:45am-2:30pm||December 8, 2018 - April 7, 2019||$3,349|
Questions? Call 530-452-7270.
|Breaks and Snacks||We ski and get mileage! However, we usually take a short break for a quick snack. Please provide a healthy pocket snack and money for hot chocolate.|
|Lunch||Meals not included.|
|Bad Weather||Our goal is to ski every day. We may have a delayed start or cancel on the odd occasion due to weather or operational challenges. This decision is made on advisement of Executive Mountain Management. Please check our website for the Daily Training Schedule or call the Ski Team office at 530-452-4184 after 7am.|
|Drop Off / Pick Up Location||Big tree at the base of the Funitel lift|
Please visit our Squaw Teams website at www.svst.teamapp.com
- Must purchase an Ikon Pass.
- Must have participated in a prior development program equivalent to Mighty Mites, Alpine Ranger or Big Mountain Team
- Skiers new to the program must provide ski experience profile
- Skiers must be comfortable loading and unloading chairlift
- Team members must be independent and able to ski the entire mountain in most conditions
- Helmets & eye protection are required for all team members