The Shooting Stars program helps young skiers develop strong fundamental skills, learn to be part of a team, gain a joy and passion for skiing in a fun and challenging team environment. Our experienced coaches focus on progressive skill acquisition, knowledge of the skier’s responsibility code and safe skiing, respect for the mountain, and having fun. Each coach is specially trained to provide a safe, fun learning environment for all levels. Each Shooting Star will gain a solid foundation that will enable him or her to continue on to the Mighty Mites program and will be proud of their skill achievements and help attain a life-long love of skiing.
Questions? Call 530-452-7270.
|Breaks and Snacks||We ski and get mileage! However, we usually take a short break for a quick snack. Please provide a healthy pocket snack and $3 for hot chocolate.|
|Bad Weather||Our goal is to ski every day. We may have a delayed start or cancel on the odd occasion due to weather or operational challenges. This decision is made on advisement of Executive Mountain Management. Please check our website for the Daily Training Schedule or call the Ski Team office at 530-452-4184 after 7am.|
|Drop Off / Pick Up Location||Base of the Funitel lift, uphill side|
Please visit our Squaw Teams website at squawskiteams.com
- Must purchase an Ikon Pass.
- Must be 4 years old as of December 31, 2018. No exceptions.
- Skiers must be able to leave their parents and be ready to ski without their parents.
- Skiers need to be able to make controlled linked turns on beginner terrain and have had ski lessons or skied the prior season.
- Children will learn to load and unload chairlift unassisted.
- Use of leash or edgie-wedgie training aides is not permitted.
- Helmets and eye protection are required for all team members.