Why you should put your child in this program
- FABULOUS 4: lesson sizes are limited to 4 kids or less to make sure your child gets the attention they need!
- Our specially trained instructors know how to connect with your child to make the most of their experience on snow
- Our teaching methodology is structured to start your child on a solid foundation to make turns, stop and fall in love with the sport
- Enjoy your day on the slopes knowing your child is in our care in a fun and safe environment
What to expect
This ski program is an "educational learn to ski program" specially set up for this age group.
- The learning objective is to familiarize your child with ski equipment and the snow environment
- Full day lessons have up to 2 hours of skiing in the morning and afternoon with snack breaks (extra breaks will be given if needed)
- Haf day lessons have 2 hours of skiing with snack breaks (extra breaks will be given if needed)
- All Pioneers will start in our beginner backyard on flat terrain or the magic carpets and then move to a chairlift when ready
- Lunch included with full day lesson package (not included for Saturday afternoon lesson or morning lesson)
|Advance Rate**||Regular Rate|
|Full Day Lesson + Lift Ticket||$269||$289|
|Full Day Lesson + Lift Ticket + Rental||$299||$319|
|Half Day Morning Lesson + Lift Ticket||$189||$209|
|Half Day Morning Lesson + Lift Ticket + Rental||$219||$239|
|Saturday Afternoon First Time Lesson + Lift Ticket||$189||$209|
|Saturday Afternoon First Time Lesson + Lift Ticket + Rental||$219||$239|
After Sunday, April 28, we will be offering private lessons only at Squaw Valley at a 30% discount. Full days or morning half days only.
Lessons are fully refundable until 5pm two days prior to the lesson. Lessons cancelled after 5pm two days prior are non-refundable or subject to a $35 rebooking fee. Please click here to request a cancellation or call 530-452-4349 or 800-403-0206.
Fabulous 4 Lesson Sizes
All Pioneers lesson sizes are limited to 4 kids or less to make sure your child gets all the attention they need!
Take 5 Lessons Get 1 Free
|Lesson||Check-in Time||Pick up Time|
|Full Day Lesson||8:30-9:15am||3:15pm|
|Saturday Afternoon First Time Lesson||1pm||3:30pm|
- Squaw Valley: Squaw Kids
- Alpine Meadows: Alpine Kids
- Directions: Drive up Squaw Valley Road, take a left onto Village East Road. You may park in the Squaw Kids Reserved Parking area, located in the main parking lot. See map below.
- Squaw Kids Reserved Parking: Reserve your lesson in advance and you'll receive complimentary parking in our Squaw Kids Reserved Parking area on weekends & holidays. Without advance reservations, parking is $20.
Please note: The Squaw Kids building entrance is pedestrian friendly by restricting vehicle access to only those who need accessible access. There is no drop-off area directly in front of Squaw Kids. Our Squaw Kids Reserved Parking Area will be open from 7:30-10am weekends and holidays (December 20 - January 4; January 19; February 14-22). Squaw Kids Reserved Parking is complimentary for Squaw Kids guests with advanced reservations. Present a Squaw Kids enrollment confirmation to the parking attendant.
- Alpine Kids is located on the lower level of the Base Lodge
- You are welcome to park temporarily in the drop-off area just below the Alpine base lodge while checking into Alpine Kids Ski & Snowboard School.
Pioneers (ages 3-4) Requirements
1. All ski levels welcome in the morning and full day session
2. Children must be able to use bathroom independently
3. Please keep in mind that the Pioneers ski program is a physically demanding program and your child must be willing to ski and separate from you.
4. A copy of a birth certificate is required as proof of age for all children enrolled in Pioneers Ski Programs
5. Parent must sign a Release of Liability and Medical Permission to Treat one time per season
Make the most out of your child's day on the slopes by looking over our helpful parent tips. Read Now »
Do the children ski all day? Do they have playtime?
Yes the children ski or snowboard all day in our full day program. Our programs are physically demanding but we do have classes take breaks when needed. Children in our Pioneer program also take a snack break.
Can my 3 year old take a nap in the afternoon?
Squaw Kids and Alpine Kids does not offer Day Care so we do not nap. We offer a morning half day for the Pioneers so if your child needs a nap you can still join us.
What if my child doesn’t want to ski anymore after the lesson starts?
We try to encourage the child to ski. If they truly do not want to participate, we may then call the parent. We can process a credit depending on the time parent picks up. In addition, we will charge a processing fee.
Can my 5 year old be in my 12 year olds class? They are both beginners.
Cognitive and physical skills are different for each age group and we find that learning takes place with the appropriate age groups. Please speak with a supervisor upon arrival if you have any questions.
Can I keep my child’s equipment after the lesson?
The equipment is good for the full day. Equipment needs to be returned by 4:00pm. Squaw Kids rental equipment is for daily use. If child is taking multiple lessons with us, they may check their skis overnight at the Squaw Kids outdoor rental shed. When returning at Alpine Kids, let the rental staff know that you are coming back tomorrow and the will put the equipment aside.
Do you take the three year olds on chairlifts?
Yes, when they can turn and stop. We review chairlift safety with all children.
Can I pick up my child for lunch and bring him back for the afternoon lesson?
It is not impossible, but we do try to discourage this due to time constraints and separation issues.
Can I have lunch with my child?
There is not enough room in our lunchroom for parents to eat with their children. A parent may come to check on the child, but should not stay.
Can I pick up my child early from the lesson?
Yes, if it does not disrupt the class. Parent needs to have the claim check. The Instructor may not have time to discuss child’s progress unless the parent comes back after the class is over.
What time is pickup? Where is pickup?
- Full day: 3:15pm.
- Half day Morning: 12:15pm.
- Saturday Half Day First Time Afternoon Lesson: 3:30pm.
At Squaw Kids: Pioneers pick up in Pioneer room, Snowboarders upstairs in cafeteria, Explorers and Mountaineers outside below the Murphy Carpet. At Alpine Kids: Pioneers, Explorers and Grommets pick up is inside the fence at the magic carpet. Mountaineers and Jibbers pick up is outside at the Ski and Snowboard School meeting area.
What number do I call to check on my child?
530-452-7225 ext. 2 for Squaw Kids // 530-581-8334 for Alpine Kids
I am going to the Casinos, is that ok?
Parents or Guardians of children under the age of 5 are required to remain at Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows Parents or guardians should not leave the area in bad weather and or bad road conditions.
What is the latest time I can arrive in the morning?
The latest time to arrive with a reservation is 9:15am. Without a reservation, guests should arrive at Squaw Kids or the Alpine Meadows ticket lobby around 8:30am. We highly recommend making an advanced reservation to ensure your child a spot in one of our lessons.
My instructor was great and I would like to show my appreciation! Is it appropriate to tip my instructor?
Gratuities are not expected but are always appreciated.
Please click here or call 530-452-4349 or 800-403-0206 to cancel. Lessons are fully refundable until 5pm two days prior to the lesson. Lessons cancelled after 5pm two days prior are non-refundable or subject to a $35 rebooking fee.