Tucked between Truckee and Tahoe City, Alpine Meadows Resort is a picturesque playground for families and off-the-radar thrill-seekers alike. Chalet-style lodges and approachable hospitality mean that the skiing and riding experience always comes first. From easy-riding progression parks to wide-open bowls, Alpine Meadows brings an exciting challenge to any level of skier or snowboarder. And with more than 100 trails spread over 2,400 acres, mountain adventures (and groomed runs) await at every bump, jump and chairlift. Visit one of Lake Tahoe's hidden gem ski resorts today!
Alpine Meadows Testimonials
Love this place. Having skied here for 14 years and significantly more than 500 days, I cannot say enough good things about Alpine. I've met at least a couple of people who have been here since it opened in the 60's and spent their whole lives skiing at Alpine. I am jealous.” — Paul F., Mill Valley (Yelp)
Great place for the whole family to ski/board. My family started skiing here when I was 5 years old because no other resort we tried in Tahoe had both a high level of terrain difficulty for the more advanced skiers/snowboarders and such a kid-friendly ski school/ski team program.” — Jake S., San Mateo (Yelp)
There's a great variety of terrain here. The front side is a little more mellow and has what you expect from any legit resort. The backside is definitely more challenging, fun, and sparse. Do a few runs on the front to warm up and get yourself back there! The bowls are really incredible and you should go experience them for yourself.” — Loc N., Santa Ana (Yelp
Alpine Meadows Ski Resort
First time at Squaw Valley?
Find Your Mountain Zone
- Beginner: 25%
- Intermediate: 40%
- Advanced: 35%
Skiable Acres: 2,400
Terrain Parks: 2
- High Speed 6-Pack: 1
- High Speed Quads: 2
- Fixed Grip Triple Chairs: 3
- Fixed Grip Double Chairs: 5
- Surface Lifts: 2
Total Lifts: 13
- Average Annual Snowfall: 450 inches
- Snowmaking: 9 out of 13 lifts
- Nov: 47 high, 24 low
- Dec: 40 high, 20 low
- Jan: 36 high, 16 low
- Feb: 39 high, 18 low
- Mar: 44 high, 21 low
- Apr: 50 high, 26 low
- May: 60 high, 32 low
Squaw Alpine Express
- Free to all users
- Connects Squaw and Alpine
- Pick-up/drop-off at the base area
- Free to all users
- Download the Mountaineer App to summon a ride from anywhere in each valley
- All vans are equipped with ski racks and are dog friendly
- WEEKENDS ONLY at Alpine Meadows
- Can be used at Squaw or at Alpine but does not connect the two
Alpine Meadows in the Press
- Read about why Summit Chair is so epic.
- Read about some favorite snowboarding runs here at Alpine Meadows.
- Want to try snowshoeing? Our chalet tours are some of the nation's most revered!
- Check out some choice shots of winter at both Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows from last season.