Ride with Care
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows is concerned about the safety of our skiers and snowboarders. Please read and practice the following information. Skiing and snowboarding are adventurous and exhilarating outdoor recreational activities. Natural and man-made obstacles are a part of this alpine experience. Collisions with these objects, especially when skiing fast or out of control, can result in serious or fatal injury. Ski and ride with caution and in control.
Squaw Valley Dispatch: (530)-45207145
Alpine Meadows Dispatch: (530)-581-8238
Download the Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows app for up-to-date weather & lift information.
Our Courtesy Code
The Courtesy Code was designed to maintain a warm and welcoming environment while “inspiring adventure with a smile.” Enforcement of the Courtesy Code is handled by Security, Ski Patrol, Mountain Hosts, Scanning and our management team. If you observe people that are violating our Courtesy Code, please feel free to report your observations to those trained to enforce it.
Our Courtesy Code was implemented at both resorts to create a warm and welcome environment:
- No outside alcoholic beverages, and no open containers in areas other than restaurants.
- Please be respectful of families and childrem. No consumption of tobacco or marijuana in lift lines, while riding lifts, or in other public places.
- Offensive language including profanity is not allowed
- Always follow the directions of security personnel, ski patrol, and management
- For your safety, observe the skiers responsibility code at all times
- Threatening or intimidating behavior, pushing and throwing snowballs are not permitted
- Properly care for your dogs including keeping them on a leash and cleaning up after them
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows reserves the right to revoke guest resort privileges for violations of our Courtesy Code. Thank you for your cooperation.
|Low Level||Medium Level||High Level|
|Courtesy Code, Responsibility Code, Penal Code Violations*||May Result In: Loss of day/multi-day ticket, season pass privileges from 24 hours to 14 days. May include Revoked Right to Trespass issued by Security.||May Result In: 15-day to 90-day suspension of day/multi-day ticket, season pass. May include revoked right to trespass.||May Result In: Ticket, pass revoked for the remainder of the season or longer. May include Revoked Right to Trespass.|
* Including Skiing & Riding in Closed Areas, Collisions, Ticket Fraud, Season Pass & Pack Fraud, Reckless Skiing/Slow Zone Violations, and Unauthorized Instruction.
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows Courtesy Code
Know The Code
Please read and practice the following information.
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows is concerned about the safety of our skiers and snowboarders. Skiing and snowboarding are adventurous and exhilarating outdoor recreational activities. Natural and man-made obstacles are a part of this alpine experience. Collisions with these objects, especially when skiing fast or out of control, can result in serious or fatal injury. Ski and ride with caution and in control.
Team Pride Mountain Wide
Team Pride Mountain Wide
We are one ski team that promotes the development of well-rounded skiers and old-school values of good citizenship through safe skiing decisions, courtesy, respect, mountain stewardship along with a strong adherence to our chairlift strategy and riding practices.
Our Ski Team
Our ski team is composed of athletes ages 4-19, including FIS and Big Mountain athletes. Season after season, our team members build strong fundamental skills, learn to be a part of a team, and gain passion for skiing on our challenging terrain. The ski team has a tremendous impact on our resort, so we use this as an opportunity to assist in building character and safe decisions through athletics.
No Babies in Backpack Policy
Transporting a child in a backpack or front pack on any chairlift at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is prohibited
Obey All Posted Signs
- All poles and/or flags, fencing, signage and padding on equipment or objects or other forms of marking devices are used by the ski area to inform you of the presence or location of a potential obstacle or hazard. These markers are no guarantee of your safety and will not protect you from injury. It is part of your responsibility under your Responsibility Code to avoid all obstacles or hazards, including those that are so marked. Please be aware that snowcats, snowmobiles and snowmaking may be encountered at anytime.
- Terrain Symbols and The Easiest Way Down: A green circle, blue square or black diamond at Squaw Valley is not necessarily the same as similarly rated terrain at other areas. The ratings are a relative system that applies only to this area. Work your way up, beginning with the easiest terrain no matter what your ability level may be, until you are familiar with the terrain at Squaw Valley. Looking for the easiest way down? Follow the yellow trail signs off most lifts.
- Certain areas are designated as Slow Zones. Please observe the posted slow zone areas by maintaining a speed no faster than the general flow of traffic. Fast and aggressive skiing and riding will not be tolerated.
Drone/Unmanned Aerial System Policy
Out of safety concerns for guests, employees, and resort property, as well as concerns for individual privacy, Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows Resort prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems, or drones, by the general public – including recreational users and hobbyists – without the prior written authorization from the Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows Resort. This prohibition includes drones used for filming or videotaping which includes, except in the certain circumstances described below, no commercial or editorial drone use by media or journalists operating from, on or above resort property. Any authorized operation of aerial drones may be governed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, local law enforcement, and/or the U.S. Forest Service, as well as those policies separately established by this resort, which may include certification, training, insurance coverage, indemnification requirements, waivers, or releases of liability. Any violation of this policy may involve suspension of your skiing or snowboarding privileges, or the revocation of your season pass, as well as confiscation of any drone equipment, and may subject violators to any damagers, including, but not limited to, damages for violations of privacy and/or physical or personal injuries or property damage, as well as regulatory fines and legal fees.