The Masters Program is designed to take your skiing to the next level, while skiing the gems of Squaw Valley with a fun group of fellow-athletes and professional coaches. The Masters Program offers a choice of gate training and free skiing. The program emphasizes long-term skier development and is designed for advanced level skiers ages 21 and over. The program is available every day, except Wednesdays.
The Masters Program is for skiers already at an advanced level seeking to further refine their skills and build their confidence in varied snow conditions and across increasingly challenging off-piste terrain. For athletes focused on ski racing, our program improves racing skills through gate training and directed free skiing on and off-piste.
Our coaches will evaluate each new potential member to ensure the program will be the right fit. On a daily basis, coaches place athletes in groups based on ability, speed, and personal training priorities for that day. We have a minimum of two free skiing groups every morning, and often as many as four free skiing groups in the afternoons. Conditions permitting, we have a minimum of 1 gate training group every morning. There is generally no gate training in the afternoon. Video coaching will be available throughout the season, and is available online (Sprongo), to purchasers of all three of our season training pass products.
Athletes who are focused on ski racing often participate in Masters Ski Racing, which is a division of United States Ski and Snowboard (USSA). Information on racing in USSA sanctioned races can be found here.
This season, the Masters Program will be limited to our Masters Season Pass holders (Full Time, Weekend/Holidays, and Midweek) and to purchasers of our five pack ticket. One day training tickets are no longer available. This change has been made to ensure group cohesion and to optimize the training experience for our regular program members.
Masters Program Benefits
- Access to more training terrain - combined 6,000 acres at Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
- Midweek training available. The ability to train up to 6 days per week.
- Both free skiing and gate training available daily
- Limited line-cutting privileges when with a coach
- Wireless timing with personalized app updates during race training
- Video analysis that includes: Team Pages, Coaches comment and Draw, Compare and Overlay, and Frame Control. Online video analysis is available to our Masters Season Pass Product purchasers only.
- Not only do we ski together, but generally there is a bit of socializing after the ski day ends
- Typical Daily Masters Race program schedule will be a choice of gate training or free skiing in the morning with free skiing in the afternoon
- Program meets at 9:30am-12pm and 1-3pm every day but Wednesday.
About Our Coaches
- All coaches have been trained through the U.S. Ski and Snowboard, and have a combined experience level in excess of well over 100 years.
- Some coaches have coached numerous members of the US Ski Team when they were Junior Athletes training at Squaw Valley
- Recognized locally and nationally for their expertise
- From winning on the race course, to skiing powder, our coaches and program are ready, willing, and able to take you to the next level.
|Full Time (Thursday-Tuesday)||December 3, 2018 - April 14, 2019||$2,730|
|Midweek (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)||December 3, 2018 - April 12, 2019||$2,000|
|Weekends & Holidays||December 8, 2018 - April 14, 2019||$2,500|
|5 Pack||December 3, 2018 - April 14, 2019||$500|
*Rates do not include lift access.
- Season pass and/or lift tickets not included
- Please call 530-452-7188 for registration information
- Please call 530-452-4333 for the Masters hotline