On the day of your lesson, ski school staff will ask about your specific experience and goals so we can match you with other guests of similar ability.
This level ranges from first-time skiers and snowboarders to students working to improve turns and gain mileage on green terrain.
In this level you will:
- Learn the basics of turning, stopping and riding lifts at a comfortable pace
- Expand skills and gain confidence balancing while sliding
- Use progressive balance-building terrain features in our extensive beginner area
- Enjoy newfound camaraderie and feelings of accomplishment as you experience the freedom of gliding
Lesson Terrain: Groomed green slopes and Start Park features. May venture on to less difficult blue runs.
This level ranges from students who are comfortable on easy groomed blue slopes looking to explore more varied terrain, to students who are comfortable on all groomed blue slopes, varied snow conditions, and easy moguls.
In this level you will enjoy attention to personal goals while fortifying skills and adapting new movements to:
- Gain confidence to choose different types of turns and speed
- Develop more aggressive carved turns and quicker turns
- Learn to navigate easy moguls and variable snow conditions on blue slopes and less difficult black runs
Lesson Terrain: Blue slopes from easy groomed to moderate ungroomed. Less difficult black runs. Small park features.
This level ranges from students who are comfortable on all groomed blue and black slopes and venturing into more challenging areas, to students who are comfortable on all slopes and conditions.
In this level, an instructor will guide and coach you through Squaw | Alpine's legendary terrain:
- Learn strategies and the skills to master difficult moguls, powder and steeps
- Carve perfect arcs or explore the pipes and parks
- Hone your skills to enjoy ALL the incredible terrain of Squaw | Alpine
Lesson Terrain: Mostly black runs, groomed and ungroomed, including steeps, moguls and soft snow conditions. Small and medium park features.