The Telemark Team helps young skiers develop strong fundamental skills, learn to be part of a team, gain a joy and passion for skiing in a fun and challenging team environment. Our experienced coaches focus on progressive skill acquisition, knowledge of the skier’s responsibility code and safe skiing, respect for the mountain, and having fun.
This program is available to skiers ages 9-18. The Telemark Team focuses on skiing steep and technical terrain in powder, crud and other variable conditions and the skills to pick a line in technical terrain and ski it safely. Athletes will also have the opportunity to compete in the Tahoe Jr. Freeride series, as well as the Big Mountain Squaw Cup events.
Questions? Call 530-452-7270 or 530-581-8249.
|Breaks and Snacks||We ski and get mileage! However, we usually take a short break for a quick snack. Please provide a healthy pocket snack and money for hot chocolate.|
|Lunch||Meals not included.|
|Bad Weather||Our goal is to ski every day. We may have a delayed start or cancel on the odd occasion due to weather or operational challenges. This decision is made on advisement of Executive Mountain Management. Please check our website for the Daily Training Schedule or call the Ski Team office at 530-581-8249 after 7am.|
|Drop Off / Pick Up Location||Uphill side of the breeze way by the team flags.|
Please visit our Alpine Teams website at alpineteams.com
- Must purchase an Ikon Pass.
- Must have participated in a prior development program equivalent to the Alpine Rangers Ski Team.
- Must be a high intermediate/advanced level skier. This means your child skis everything on the mountain, groomed runs and off piste, in a parallel stance, in all conditions.
- Athletes new to the program must provide ski experience profile at registration.
- Helmets & eye protection are required for all team members.