The Alpine Rangers program helps young skiers develop strong fundamental skills, learn to be part of a team, gain a joy and passion for skiing in a fun and challenging team environment. Our experienced coaches focus on progressive skill acquisition, knowledge of the skier’s responsibility code and safe skiing, respect for the mountain, and having fun. Each Alpine Ranger will gain a solid foundation that will enable him or her to continue in one of Alpine’s development programs, and will be proud of their skill achievements and help attain a life-long love of skiing.
Questions? Call 530-452-7270 or 530-581-8249.
|Breaks and Snacks||We ski and get mileage! However, we usually take a short break for a healthy pocket snack. Please provide a healthy pocket snack and money for hot chocolate.|
|Lunch||Meals not included. Lunch is supervised in the Mezzanine for ages 9 and under. Alpine Rangers may purchase hot lunch from the cafeteria, or bring their own food.|
|Bad Weather||Our goal is to ski every day. We may have a delayed start or cancel on the odd occasion due to weather or operational challenges. This decision is made on advisement of Executive Mountain Management. Please check our website for the Daily Training Schedule or call the Ski Team office at 530-581-8249 after 7am.|
|Drop Off / Pick Up Location||Uphill side of the breeze way by the team flags.|
Please visit our Alpine Teams website at alpineteams.com
- Must Purchase an Ikon Pass.
- Must be 5-10 years old by December 31, 2018. No exceptions.
- Children 5-7 years must be advanced beginners and able to turn and stop on their own. Children 8-10 years old must be at the intermediate level or higher.
- Children must have taken already taken lessons or skied for a year before signing up
- Children must be comfortable and able to load and unload chairlifts unassisted
- Parents of new Alpine Rangers ski team athletes must provide a description of their child's skiing ability at registration
- Use of leash or edgie-wedgie training aides is not allowed
- Helmets & eye protection are required for all team members