The Jr Development U10 Team’s mission is to help young skiers develop strong fundamental skills, learn to be part of a team, gain a joy and passion for skiing in a fun and challenging team environment. Our experienced coaches focus on progressive skill acquisition, knowledge of the skier’s responsibility code and safe skiing, respect for the mountain and having fun.
Jr Development U10 is for skiers who wish to
- Explore racing or are committed to competitive racing. Days are a blend of racing and all mountain skill development.
- Team serves as a stepping stone to the U12 USSA Far West Team, the Development Team or Big Mountain; athletes have the chance to train gates and can compete in Intramural, Tahoe League or USSA Far West races but still have the best opportunity to free ski and develop skills.
- Team encompasses what was formerly the U10 USSA Far West Team and the Development 7|8|9 Team and will be grouped primarily by ability and skill acquisition needs.
|Weekends & Holidays||7-9||8:45am-2:30pm||December 8, 2018 - April 7, 2019||$3,449|
|Friday Training Add On**||7-9||8:45am-2:30pm||December 14, 2018 - April 7, 2019||$400|
*Team fees DO NOT include a season pass. Purchase of the Ikon Pass is required.
**Friday Add On programming available for League Racing athletes. Take advantage of 14 scheduled Fridays throughout the season for more on-snow time, whether for pre competition use or just more skiing.
Questions? Call 530-452-7270 or 530-581-8249.
|Breaks and Snacks||We ski and get mileage! However, we usually take a short break for a quick snack. Please provide a healthy pocket snack and money for hot chocolate.|
|Lunch||Meals not included.|
|Bad Weather||Our goal is to ski every day. We may have a delayed start or cancel on the odd occasion due to weather or operational challenges. This decision is made on advisement of Executive Mountain Management. Please check our website for the Daily Training Schedule or call the Ski Team office at 530-581-8249 after 7am.|
|Drop Off / Pick Up Location|
Uphill side of the breeze way by the team flags.
- Must purchase Ikon Pass.
- Must have participated in a prior development program equivalent to Alpine Ranger, Mighty Mites or Big Mountain Team.
- Must have coach recommendation or have graduated from Alpine Ranger Team, Mighty Mites or Big Mountain Team
- Skiers new to the program must provide ski experience profile
- Skiers must be comfortable loading and unloading chairlift
- Team members must be independent and able to ski the entire mountain in most conditions.
- Helmets & eye protection are required for all team members.