Become AIARE Level 1 Certified
Students can expect to develop a good foundation on how to prepare for and carry out a backcountry trip, to understand basic decision making while in the field and to learn avalanche rescue techniques.
This is a comprehensive entry level avalanche course designed for those with basic ski & snowboard touring experience. There are no other prequisites. The price includes all necessary classroom supplies and the AIARE field book. These items are often not inlcuded in the course price, but we don't like any hidden costs.
At the end of the AIARE 1 course the student should be able to:
- Plan and prepare for travel in avalanche terrain
- Recognize avalanche terrain
- Describe a basic framework for making decisions in avalanche terrain
- Learn and apply effective companion rescue
- Instructional sessions (24 hours inlcuding both class and field instruction)
|Non-Holiday||$475||Dec 14-16, Dec 21-23, 2018; Jan 7-9, Jan 11-13, Jan 25-27, Feb 1-3, Feb 8-10, March 1-3, Mar 8-10, Mar 18-20, April 5-7, 2019|
|Holiday||$545||Jan 19-21, Feb 16-18, 2019|
- This course is run by Alpenglow Expeditions
- Intermediate to expert skiers and snowboarders, ages 13+
- Must have beacon, probe, shovel and touring equipment (not provided, but available for rent)
- Reservations are required. Purchase early as course will sell out.