2018-2019 Share the Mountain Video Contest
Want to ski to win scholarship money to put towards your education? With the Share The Mountain video contest, you can! Skiing and snowboarding are adventurous and exhilarating outdoor recreational activities. Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows prioritizes the safety education and general safety of our skiers and snowboarders. Use your creativity to develop an original video that can be used in social media to illustrate the importance of safe skiing and riding at our resorts.
In order to qualify entrants must produce a video that is centered around mountain safety using our safety policy.
- Videos must focus on just one of the "Know the Code" responsibilities
- Videos can be anywhere from 5-60 seconds
- Video must be shared on Instagram and/or Facebook using #StudentsShareTheMtn
- Submissions will be accepted between 12/15/18 and 1/15/18
- Winners notified on February 1st, 2019.
Think of a creative way to get your message across in your video. All styles of video are fair game: drama, comedy, documentary, music video, stop-motion, Claymation, animation — the choice is yours.
- First Prize: $2,500 Scholarship
- Fan Favorite: A selection of top videos from the contest will be posted online from February 1 through May 1 2019. The video that receives the most votes will receive a $500 prize.
Copyright Clearances & Information
Important: You must list all audio and visual sources and permissions to use copyrighted materials.
Photos & videos uploaded by student entrants may be seen here