Ship your luggage & equipment from your home directly to your destination with Trip Hero, the Official Ski Shipping & Storage Partner of the Ikon Pass. Your gear is guaranteed to be waiting for you when you arrive at your hotel room, condo, or local address in Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. Full season equipment storage is offered, and there are also special shipping deals for Ikon Pass holders. Get the Details.
Nonstop Flights to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
100 daily departures nonstop to 22 U.S. cities and an international city
Weekly on Saturdays from December to March
Daily beginning May 2020
|Boise (BOI)||Alaska Airlines||Daily|
|Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)||American Airlines||Daily|
|Dallas Love Field (DAL)||Southwest Airlines||Seasonal|
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays
|Guadalajara, Mexico (GDL)||Volaris||Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays|
|Houston/Intercontinental (IAH)||United Airlines||Mondays, Tuesdays|
|Las Vegas (LAS)||Allegiant Air|
|Long Beach (LGB)||JetBlue Airways||Daily|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Alaska Airlines|
|New York (JFK)||JetBlue Airways||Daily|
|Oakland (OAK)||Southwest Airlines||Daily|
|Phoenix (PHX)||American Airlines|
|Portland (PDX)||American Airlines||Daily|
|Salt Lake City (SLC)||Delta||Daily|
|San Diego (SAN)||Southwest Airlines||Daily|
|San Francisco (SFO)||United Airlines||Daily|
|San Jose (SJC)||American Airlines||Daily|
|Seattle (SEA)||Alaska Airlines||Daily|
Transport from the Airport
The following taxis and shuttles provide ground transport from Reno-Tahoe International Airport:
Drive to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
|Reno||1 hour||42 miles|
|Sacramento||2 hours||96 miles|
|San Francisco||4 hours||196 miles|
|San Jose||4.5 hours||228 miles|
|Boise||7.5 hours||465 miles|
|Las Vegas||8 hours||270 miles|
|Salt Lake City||8 hours||561 miles|
|Los Angeles||8 hours||495 miles|
|Portland||10 hours||575 miles|
|San Diego||11 hours||622 miles|
|Phoenix||12.5 hours||781 miles|
|Seattle||13 hours||747 miles|
Helpful Travel Links
Save these links & use them to plan your travel day.
- For the most in-depth, detailed forecast, visit the NOAA Weather forecast for Olympic Valley. Adjust the location according to your route.
- To view highway webcams, closure, chain control, and incident information in California, use the Caltrans Quickmap Website & App
- To view highway webcams, closure, chain control, and incident information in Nevada, use the NV Roads 511 Website & App
- To check the status of California highway closures, use Caltrans Highway Status
- For local information, check the CHP - Truckee Facebook Page. They are an active, responsive, and informative resource.
Winter driving conditions in the Sierra can change rapidly, leading to whiteouts, accidents, and traffic delays.
If you simply must travel during storm conditions, here are some things to remember.
- Have extra water, food, necessary medication and warm clothing in the car with you. Be prepared to be waiting for long periods of time.
- Carry chains and know how to use them.
- Do not leave the area without a full tank of gas.
- Become familiar with this list of Winter Driving Tips.
Squaw Alpine Conditions Information
This is where you'll find the best information on mountain conditions.
- Download the Squaw Alpine App for real-time info on weather, lift status and parking.
- Follow the Mountain Ops Twitter for up-to-the-minute updates.
- Check the Squaw Alpine Snow & Weather Report
- Check the Lift & Grooming Status
- Check the Squaw Alpine Weather Blog (updated daily)
Parking & Getting Around Squaw Alpine
On storm weekends, traffic and parking can be tricky in the Tahoe area. Utilize the following resources to improve your experience.
- Get an early start in the morning, and CARPOOL if you can! Carpoolers get access to our premium Protect Our Winters parking lot by Plumpjack.
- Park at the Tahoe City Transit Center and take the TART bus into either mountain FOR FREE!
- If you're staying at a hotel, home, or vacation rental in either valley, you can summon Mountaineer for a FREE ride to the lifts instead of driving!
- To go between Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley without driving, use the Squaw Alpine Shuttle.
- For general parking information, please visit this page.
Tahoe Ski Bus to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
If you're coming from the Tahoe area, Sacramento, or San Francisco, there are shuttle bus options to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows:
- Park & Ride services will be available in Truckee this year traveling to Squaw Valley on weekends and holidays.
- FREE Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART) - Service running daily from Truckee and Tahoe City to Squaw Valley. Available 7 days a week - For FREE. Call 530-550-1212 for information or View Full TART Schedule - You can also download NextBus, an app that tracks TART buses in real time.
- Alpine Adventures: The Sacramento Area premier ski bus since 1965. Offering bus service to Squaw Valley and Alpine meadows with hot beverages, pastries, and après ski beverages and goodies.
Bay Area Buses
- Bay Area Ski Bus: Ski Tour Operator offering bus service to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows. We operate fun, safe bus trips for Adults, Teens, Families and all types of groups. Easy, convenient and safe. Call 925-680-4386 or email Bay Area Ski Bus to book your next ski trip.
- North American Charter Ski: Bringing skiers and snowboarders to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows on eco-friendly luxury coaches. Call 925-230-2086 to book your next ski trip.
- Sourced Adventures: Tour operator offering weekly ski bus service with convenient round-trip transportation from San Francisco and Oakland to Squaw Valley every Saturday all season long. Book online or call 646-847-2367 or email email@example.com. Sourced Adventures also offers charters and custom corporate packages.
- Sports Basement Tahoe Ski & Snowboard Bus: Runs every Saturday and Sunday and select weekday Powder Buses from 9 Sports Basement Bay Area locations, including: Bryant Street (SF), Presidio (SF), Redwood City, Sunnyvale, Campbell, Berkeley, Walnut Creek, Santa Rosa, and Novato. Nonstop, luxury bus with bathrooms, WiFi, reclining seats. Includes breakfast, snacks and après ski drinks! Pre-loaded rental gear option allowing for hassle-free renting and returning. $80 per passenger. Discounted lift tickets and full rental gear packages available. Custom, private buses also available. More information at www.SBSkiBus.com or here or you can call 1-800-866-6670.
- Tahoe Convoy: Bay Area to Lake Tahoe Luxury Weekend Shuttle – Unlike same-day ski buses, the Tahoe Convoy bus travels eastbound on Friday night and returns westbound on Sunday night (or Monday night, during 3-day weekends), for weekend visitors with overnight accommodations. Connecting San Francisco, the East Bay and Central Valley into Squaw Valley – and also serving Truckee, Tahoe City, Tahoe Vista and Incline Village. Visit TahoeConvoy.com to find stops, view schedules, and book seats – or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 580-8781.
Traveling by Train to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
Avoid traffic and take Amtrak to Truckee for your ski weekend. Amtrak offers a convenient and enjoyable travel option from the Bay Area, with comfortable seating as spacious as first class airline seats, outlets to charge your phone, and casual and formal dining options. Relax and enjoy the spectacular views as you wind your way up the mountain. Easily connect to the California Zephyr with daily departures from Emeryville, Richmond, Martinez and Sacramento to Truckee. From the Truckee Amtrak Station use public or private transportation to get to your final destination.