WinterWonderGrass is almost here for another incredible weekend of Bluegrass music, craft breweries, spring skiing and good vibes! Here's a breakdown of what you need to know to make the most of the Festival weekend.
From the acclaimed headliners Yonder Mountain String Band, the Infamous Stringdusters and Greensky Bluegrass to local favorites Dead Winter Carpenters, don't miss out on this year's jam-packed lineup. A limited amount of single day and 3-day festival tickets are still available, so get your before they sell out!
Tram to Table Dinner & Music
For a truly unique WinterWonderGrass experience, check out our Tram to Table Dinner & Music on Thursday evening. Tickets include a ride on our scenic Aerial Tram with live music, wine and spirit tasting, cocktail hour with more live music, hor d'oeuvres, family-style dinner and an encore unplugged set to accompany dessert. Live music by Fruition and very special guest, Peter Rowan.
Update: Tram to Table Dinner is now sold out!
Grass After Dark Late Night Shows
The fun continues beyond the festival grounds with late night "Grass After Dark" shows at the Olympic Village Lodge at Squaw Valley and Moe's Original Barbeque in Tahoe City. These late night shows feature artists including Dustbowl Revival, The Lil' Smokies, The Infamous Stringdusters, Jon Stickley Trio, The Everyone Orchestra, Hot Buttered Rum, Front Country, The Dear, The Brad Parsons Band, and Pickin' on the Dead.
Please note: Grass After Dark shows are NOT included with regular festival tickets and all late night shows are 21+.
FREE Live Music
If you don't have festival tickets, don't fret! There is a FREE live show in The Village each day Thursday to Sunday. Check out the Pickin' in the Plaza schedule here:
|Thursday, March 30||2pm||Kickoff Party with Trout Steak Revival|
|Friday, March 31||12pm||Head for the Hills|
|Saturday, April 1||12pm||Horeshoes & Hand Grenades|
|Sunday, April 2||12pm||Dead Horses|
CA & NV Craft Breweries
WinterWonderGrass hosts a variety of California & Nevada craft breweries in three heated Beer Tents serving tastings of their signature craft beers from 2-5pm daily. Tastings are included in all ticket types for festival goers 21+ and will only be poured in tasting cups so hang on to your festival cup! Here are the featured breweries including some local favorites:
- Sierra Nevada (Chico, CA)
- Bay City Brewing Co. (San Diego, CA)
- Fifty Fifty Brewing Co. (Truckee, CA)
- Great Basin Brewing Co. (Reno, NV)
- Green Flash (San Diego, CA)
- Knee Deep Brewing Co. (Auburn, CA)
- Lagunitas (Petaluma, CA)
- Lost Coast Brewery (Eureka, CA)
- Magnolia Brewing (San Francisco, CA)
- North Coast Brewing Co. (Fort Bragg, CA)
- Rubicon Brewing Company (Sacramento, CA)
- Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, CA)
- 21st Amendment Brewery (San Francisco, CA)
- Two Rivers Cider Company (Sacramento, CA)
A variety of food will be available for purchase from food trucks within the festival and outside the festival grounds at our many restaurants in The Village.
Spring Skiing & Riding
Pairs perfectly with Bluegrass
With over 50 feet of cumulatitve snow so far this season, conditions at The Spring Skiing Capital are all-time. Here are the best ways to save on skiing for this weekend and beyond:
- Tahoe Super Pass: Get your 2017-18 Tahoe Super pass and you can ski for FREE this Spring starting on April 1
- Other Passholder Discount: Do you have a 2016-17 season pass to another resort in the U.S.? Just flash it at our pass office to get a discounted lift ticket for just $52
- Tahoe Super 4: Ski for less than $97/day with no blackout dates - any 4 days this season
- Advanced Lift Tickets: Buy your lift tickets at least 2 days in advance and save up to $35/day
We are in store for a weekend of classic Tahoe weather: snow, wind, sun and varying temperatures. According to the NOAA forecast, we could see some snow Thursday before the skies clear and weather warms up. Friday will be highs in 40s and lows in the 20s at night. Saturday and Sunday warm up a bit with highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s when the sun sets.
Remember to bring sunscreen and sunglasses for the daytime and extra layers to bundle up at night. We recommend wool or down layers, mittens, hats, waterproof boots, scarves and festive onsies!
Getting Here & Parking
Use Public Transit and Carpool
Parking at Squaw Valley is free, but will likely reach capacity on this busy weekend. We recommend that you arrive early, carpool or take our TART local public transit. Please do not drink and drive!
TART Daily Schedule
TART Night Schedule
Don't forget to share your favorite WinterWonderGrass moments with #WWGTahoe on Instagram and Twitter!