New York, NY (June 15, 2016) Wanderlust, producers of the largest yoga lifestyle events in the world, returns to spectacular Squaw Valley, July 14-17. The four-day festival allows attendees to unplug from the ordinary and choose their own adventure from a variety of activities including yoga, live music, meditation, explorative hikes, kayaking, running treks, fine dining and more. This year, Wanderlust presents an unparalleled lineup of new offerings to inspire, surprise and delight.
What’s New and Not To Be Missed at Wanderlust Squaw Valley 2016?
- CTZNWELL Town Hall Meeting: In this election year we present the Wanderlust Town Hall meeting, a gathering point to discuss the issues that matter that are shaping our country. Join Kerri Kelly, CITZENWELL and friends as they host and field your questions about the candidates and the issues that shape a Mindful America.
- More Acroyoga Classes than Ever—Including Acro-SUP!: Due to popular demand we will offer double the Acroclasses than ever before including the very exciting fusion class Acro-SUP, which features partner acrobatic poses best suited for the stand-up paddleboard
- Mountain Top Pool Parties: Squaw Valley's Swimming Pool & Hot Tub is one of the most breathtaking places in the world to relax. Located at High Camp (elevation 8,200') you’re surrounded by the beauty of the Sierra including views of Lake Tahoe. Each of our pool parties will be accompanied by curated music from the world’s top DJs: Tasha Blank, DJ Drez, Kaminanda and more.
- Sonic Hikes: We will offer six different hikes that that have musical accompaniment. After a meditative hike, attendees can choose to join Masood Ali Khan for kirtan in the woods; Magic Giant who will play a variety of stringed instruments. Elijah Ray will lead a walking meditation and sing, Garth Stevenson will play upright bass, and attendees will be serenaded by Jaya Lakshmi and Ananda with angelic voices, guitar and bansuri flute—all in stunning natural settings.
- Meditation Classes –Relax and get centered with meditation classes from renowned teachers such as Noah Levine, Sianna Sherman, Julie Rader Wellan, Shakti Sunfire and more.
- Tap Into Your Superhero!: Learn the EFT Tapping Technique with Jennifer Partridge, an acupressure system designed to help release doubt, fear and optimize emotional health.
- Musical Performances: Get down with live performances featuring the experimental digital rock of Yeasayer, reggae great Stephen Marley, the electronica/world fusion sound of Beats Antique as well as Magic Giant, Son Little, Dustin Thomas, Kaminanda, Gaudi, and the sweet beats of DJ Tasha Blank, DJ Drez, and more.
- ACROVINYASA™: Australians Claudine and Honza LaFond come to Squaw Valley for the first time to teach this unique practice that unites the elements of vinyasa, acroyoga and inversion training in both a solo and partner practice.
- Yoga For Conscious Parents: We all seek to parent with presence, compassion and love and yet real life often gets in the way. Join yogini, ayurvedic practitioner and mama Insiya Rasiwala-Finn in this stimulating workshop where she will share tangible insights from yoga's sister science of Ayurveda to bring more balance, space, health, ease and love for our children and ourselves in the fast pace of modern life.
- Speakeasy Talks: Get inspired by our lecture program featuring today's thought leaders: Chef Jason Wrobel will reveal the healing powers of food and plants; Co-Founder and former CEO of Seventh Generation Jeffrey Hollender will discuss the radical innovations for living a sustainably; Writer and founder of organic cleaning product company The Simply Co. Lauren Singer will discuss easy ways to live a zero waste lifestyle; Founder and Co-CEO of Thrive Market Gunnar Lovelace will discuss the essential changes in food production, and many more. For the first time, our entire schedule of Sunday talks will be devoted to sexuality and relationships.
- Yoga and 12 Step Recover: Addiction takes many forms: drugs, food, alcohol and sex are just a few symptoms of a dis-ease. This workshop joins the recovery and yoga communities and will consist of a mixed level asana practice followed by a group discussion focusing on the similarities between the yoga sutras and 12 step recovery.
- Ride Your Brainwaves: For the first time at Wanderlust Squaw Valley, we will have a dynamic meditation using Muse, the brain-sensing headband. In this intimate class you will meditate with Muse immersed in the sounds of your own mind. This transformation of your mental activity into an ocean of sound, will allow you to observe your own wandering mind and discover this dance between intention and effort.
- Spoken Word with Akil Apollo Davis: Poetry, rap, freestyle and performative recitation can be expected at this eclectic and electric event. Featuring Akil’s clever word play.
- Earth Mandala Playshop: Join Day Schildkret scout the Wanderlust landscape to collect tools and supplies, channel your creative side and learn how to create your very own Earth Mandala.
The Wanderlust Festival tour will continue beyond Squaw Valley with stops in Whistler, British Columbia (Canada), July 28-August 1 and Tremblant, Quebec (Canada), August 11-14.
For more information and tickets please visit:
Festival attendees will be nourished by a number of Wanderlust partners.
- adidas, will host a one-of-a kind, immersive onsite activation to engage in attendee-led experiences, enabling them to embed more sport into their day and create their best selves at all US-based events. Curated adidas apparel also will be sold at each event.
- Aveda, will present the Beauty Bar, a space for relaxation and rejuvenation. Stop by for quick yogi-friendly hairstyles from their experts, experience Aveda’s wellness rituals of renewal, and find aromas that help bring balance to the body through Aveda’s selection of naturally-derived (from plants, non-petroleum minerals or water) products that help connect beauty, environment and well-being.
- Bai is an innovative beverage company that brings great taste and better-for-you ingredients together at last. Each bottle of Bai offers fresh fruit flavor and antioxidants that quench more than just your thirst. Attendees can stop "Bai” and share words of wisdom on the Bai inspirational quote wall. They’ll stay refreshed sipping on a fresh fruit flavored Bai, while typing dreams and favorite quotes on vintage typewriters.
- Ford Motor Company aims to deliver great products, a strong business and a better world. Ford, the Official Vehicle of Wanderlust, will present a series of curated workshops and lectures hosted by Wanderlust thought leaders. Festival attendees will also have the opportunity to take a drive around festival grounds or catch a ride to their next Wanderlust destination in the new 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid, along with other Ford hybrid and plug-in hybrid cars.
- Kashi believes that eating more plants can be a catalyst for a healthier life – which is why they’ll be sharing a variety of new plant-powered foods with festival attendees in 2016. By curating unique ingredients that simply #GoTogether, Kashi is able to create foods that offer both complete nutrition sources and taste amazing.
- Balancing symbolism with naturally inspired elements, Silver & Sage Jewelry offers individuals a wearable reflection of their spirit and a reminder of their own journey. Bracelets, malas, earrings and necklaces made with silver, gold and natural stones will be available for purchase on-site.
- Spiritual Gangster, a yoga inspired clothing brand for high vibration living, aligns the vision of the ancient practice of yoga and the modern world.
- Temple Turmeric will be sampling and selling their whole root turmeric-based beverages including two new Elixirs that feature white turmeric: Pure Mega and White Turmeric Dark Cherry. Ask them how to win a free bottle and be on the look out for their nomadic Temple Rickshaw wandering the festival grounds sharing their turmeric offerings and spreading love.
Wanderlust Festival, LLC is a producer of large-scale lifestyle festival events focusing on yoga, music and wellness. The company encompasses Wanderlust Festival, the largest multi-day yoga and music festivals in the world; Wanderlust 108, a one-day “mindful triathlon” taking place in urban parks across the world; Wanderlust Hollywood, a 10,000 square foot community center in Los Angeles, CA; Wanderlust Media, a fully integrated multi-platform digital interface; Wanderlust Yoga, a re-imagination of the yoga studio experience; and the Wanderlust Teacher Training, a yoga teacher training program inspired by the Wanderlust festival experience. In 2016, Wanderlust will produce over 25 events across the world centered around its core mission: creating community around mindful living. The company was founded in 2009 as a joint venture between Velour Music Group, C3 Presents and Starr Hill Presents. Become a fan of Wanderlust at Facebook www.facebook.com/wanderlust Twitter www.twitter.com/wanderlustfest Instagram http://instagram.com/wanderlustfest
Publicity Director, Wanderlust