Get the Most Out of Your Weekend
While February brought us an early taste of Spring Skiing weather, March has already had one snowstorm and we are excited for more. This weekend, we will get the first in a series of storm cycles starting on Friday, and the chance for more snow will continue throughout the week. Here's what you need to know about this weekend:
- Friday: Sunny, 45 degrees, breezy
- Saturday: Snow! Expected accumulation is 4-8 inches throughout the day
- Sunday: Cloudy, 24 degrees, a chance of snow after 10pm
- Monday-Wednesday: A chance of snow
Stay Up-To-Date on Weather & Conditions
- If you’re not big on arriving early, make sure that you enable push notifications using the Squaw Alpine app. This way, you can take your time and still get the most up-to-date information on what parking is available.
- You can also follow the Mountain Ops Twitter account for real-time information on parking, lift status, and more.
- If you want to know what to expect before you get to the resort --for example, on Saturday, when weather will be dynamic-- you can ask Alexa or Google Home for the latest on weather & conditions to help inform your decision.
|Saturday, 3/7||10am-5pm||Ski for MS fundraiser at Squaw Valley (see below for details)|
|Saturday, 3/7||2-5pm||Live Music at Alpine Bar at Alpine Meadows. Artist: Milton Merlos|
|Saturday, 3/7||2-7pm||Live Music at Plaza Bar at Squaw Valley. DJ Rambo from 2-4. Gold Souls (band) from 2-7|
|Saturday, 3/7||4-7pm||Ikon Pass Holder deals at Plaza Bar at Squaw Valley (see below for details)|
|Saturday, 3/7||5-8pm||Disco Tubing at Squaw Valley (must book in advance)|
|Saturday, 3/7||6:45pm||HEAD skis raffle at Plaza Bar at Squaw Valley. Free raffle ticket with each purchase. Must be present to win.|
|Sunday, 3/8||8:30am-4:30pm||Celebrate International Women's Day with SheJumps' Get The Girls Out (see below for details)|
- Ski races, vertical challenges, & more all benefit the Can Do Multiple Sclerosis non-profit organization.
- Meet Olympic Gold Medalist & Squaw Alpine athlete Jonny Moseley!
- Fundraising incentives include Miir tumblers, lift tickets, gift certificates, and a $1,500 value travel package.
- MUST REGISTER to attend
- Kids under 12 get free hot cocoa (1 per child)
- $4 PBR Drafts in the Plaza Bar
- $10 Pig & a Pony: 7 oz Corona and a shot of Whistle Pig whiskey
- A ski day for all women & girls (transgender, cisgender, & non-binary) who identify with the women's community.
- Get discounted lift tickets
- Photo scavenger hunt included in ski day
- Après party at Le Chamois, including a raffle to benefit SheJumps
- MUST REGISTER to attend
Après Pro Tips:
Try out the new Tram Car Bar at Squaw Valley for après! This restored 70s era Tram Cabin has been transformed into a bar on the deck of Olympic House. You can also get a 10-ounce Yeti rambler with a vintage Squaw Valley logo on it for $25, and that includes the price of your drink! Our favorite drink: The Backscratcher.
Tremigo Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar has their liquor license! This brand new spot in the Village at Squaw Valley is now offering 35 mezcals, 60 tequilas, and a full bar in addition to their authentic, diverse menu. Our favorite drink: The Latin Manhattan, or one of their tequila flights.
Parking & Getting Around The Resort
Carpool & Arrive Early. Carpoolers get access to our premium lots, closest to the tram at Squaw Valley and the base lodge at Alpine Meadows. You must have three or more persons in your group to count as a carpool. More information and frequently asked questions can be found here.
Don't Forget About Mountaineer. If you are staying in either Alpine Meadows or Olympic Valley at Squaw, make use of the free app-based Mountaineer shuttle service. Remember, the shuttles do not go between each mountain. You can use the Squaw Alpine Shuttle to do that.
Use the Truckee or Tahoe City Park n Ride. A great option for later arrivals, you can now take TART buses between Truckee or Tahoe City and Squaw Valley. This service is totally free, and runs from 7am-6pm on both Saturday and Sunday. Get directions and more information here.
And one more thing...
New Pocket Park open for the weekend!
The new Pocket Park location is Howard's Hollow at Alpine Meadows. Check out the flow line with 2 medium jumps, a berm, and a hip.
Photo: Kyle Crezee on March 6, 2020