We have some changes to the forecast this morning. We did have some snow showers briefly hit this morning bringing a quick coating of snow to the mountain.
We are mostly expecting clouds today into Friday as the storm stays to our North. Mountain top gusts up to 60 mph this morning should come down a little this afternoon, but could still gust up to 40 mph into Friday. High temperatures in the 40's into the weekend.
The next system is warm as it originates East of Hawaii pulling in subtropical moisture. It looked pretty weak the last few days and it looked like most of the moisture would move in to our South. The latest forecast model runs this morning now show it wetter and further North. Still a little skeptical until we see more runs today.
Snow levels could be around 8000 feet Saturday afternoon as the storm pushes in. Then Saturday night they could fall near 7000 feet before jumping back to 8000 feet on Sunday. That means heavy wet snow with low snow ratios and rain near the base. 2-4 inches of snow is possible on the upper mountain by Sunday if the latest model runs hold. Winds don't look to be strong with this storm.
We should have a break Monday with sun and highs in the 40's.
The next storm has sped back up on the forecast models today. We could see it move in as early as Tuesday morning now. This storm could be prolonged with a similar setup to the storm last week. It's cold but not as cold as the storm last week, and right now it doesn't look as wet.
We start with a cold front pushing in Tuesday with snow and snow levels possibly dropping near the base by Tuesday evening. Then we could see another wave move in behind that for next Wednesday. The main low could slowly move down the coast and then into CA next Friday. That could mean we see periods of snow Tuesday-Friday. So a similar setup but it doesn't look as wet and not as cold, especially to start.
It is a little too early to get into the specific snowfall amounts, we will get into those this weekend over the next few days. Based on the latest model runs we could see 2-3 feet of snow on the mountain by next Friday. We will be tracking this storm closely all weekend.
The trough moving in next week looks like it may settle into the West Coast into the week of the 19th. If the trough sits there we should see storms continue the week of the 19th.