57" Storm Total So Far, and more on the way!
Miracle March is underway! We've received 57" of snow since Tuesday and nearly 12 FEET of snow in March so far. Conditions have been some of the best of the season so far:
It's been snowing all day on Friday and is expected to continue tonight and should taper off on Saturday.
We could see an additional 10-17 inches tonight, 7-12 inches Friday, 2-4 inches Friday night, and an inch Saturday morning. That means an additional 2-3+ feet could fall by Saturday morning on top of the 2+ feet we have already. That would bring us to the expected totals for this storm of 3-5+ feet on the mountain."
- Bryan Allegreto weather blog
We'll see dryer weather Sunday with highs in the 30s on mountain and 40s at the base. Sunday should be an awesome bluebird day!
Plenty more of this is on tap for the weekend:
Be sure to ski or ride with a buddy and be familiar with deep snow safety tips. We strongly recommend carpooling or taking the TART to Squaw or Alpine, as we expect many powder-hungry patrons over the weekend!
With several feet of new snow by Saturday morning, our teams will have a big job of getting the mountains open. Our crews will be coming in as early as possible to re-build the safety roads, dig out chairlifts, run the lifts, put chairs back on detachable lifts, perform snow safety, and make sure the slopes are safe so we can enjoy the powder! Please note that Saturday, March 17 Dawn Patrol has been cancelled due to weather.
During this storm cycle, be sure to check real-time conditions and lift status via our Mobile App, Lift & Trail Status Page, and Mountain Ops Twitter. Please also stay tuned to the NOAA forecast & advisories in the area, and Caltrans Road Conditions. NOAA has issued a Winter Storm Warning for the Greater Tahoe area in effect until 5am Saturday, so please use caution while traveling.
This weekend will be jam-packed with live music and some of our most lively events of the winter season!
- Feel Good Friday: Head to the Auld Dubliner for $5 drink specials, raffles and live music to support Achieve Tahoe
- Friday Night Tasting Notes: Free tastings from Tullamore DEW Irish Whiskey at Plaza Bar from 3:30-5pm with live music by Desert Rythem Project
- Pain McShlonkey: Dress up in your most outrageous ski duds and come out to Squaw Valley for a day full of belly laughs, camaraderie and philanthropy in celebration of legendary skier Shane McConkey
- St. Patty's Day in The Village: Pints, Irish stew from The Auld Dubliner and live music from the Blarney's and Quel Bordel in The Village from 12-5pm
- Winter Après at Alpine Bar: Desert Rhythm Project will rock the Alpine Lodge from 1-4pm on Saturday
- Apres Music at Coffeebar: Drink specials and music by Crispylicious from 3-7pm at Coffeebar
- Gallery Keoki's Annual Celebrity Hound Hobnob: A special evening to meet your favorite Squaw Patrol dogs on Saturday from 5-7pm
- Winter Fireworks: The show goes off at 7:30pm - watch from the KT Base Bar and warm up in Plaza Bar
- The Mothership Classic: Lap KT-22 all day Sunday in support of High Fives Foudation
- Tahoe Super 4 Pack: New Spring Savings! Ski or ride any 4 days this season for just $59/day.
- Tahoe Super 2 Pack: Just $169, you can ski for less than $85/day any 2 days this season -- no blackout dates!
Check out recent conditions shared from local skiers and riders! Share your favorite moments with #mysquawalpine