Wanderlust Festival Returns to Squaw Valley For Yoga, Music and the Spirit of Adventure
Olympic Valley, CA (Apr. 25, 2018) – Wanderlust, producers of the largest yoga lifestyle events in the world, returns to the breathtaking Squaw Valley resort, July 19-22, 2018. Located in the heart of North Lake Tahoe, the four-day festival will create the space for yoga enthusiasts, music lovers, foodies and soul seekers to come together for an extraordinary weekend retreat.
What can you expect at Wanderlust Squaw Valley? Learn different styles of yoga from world-famous instructors, take in live music under the stars, get inspired by talks from today’s thought leaders, indulge in local and organic delicacies, and explore the great outdoors—go mountain biking on country trails, hike the Shirley Canyon Trail, kayak on Lake Tahoe, and more.
“The combination of yoga, live music and Squaw Valley makes this festival so unique,” says Sean Hoess, CEO of Wanderlust. “We can’t wait to share the adventures we have in store this year.”
This year’s marquee talent includes:
YOGA – Practice with the world's most sought after yoga talent, including Elena Brower, Eoin Finn, Shiva Rea, Peg Mulqueen, Sat Siri Dougherty, Kadri Kurgun, Govind Das and Radha, Meg McCraken, Schuyler Grant, Noah Mazé, Chelsey Korus, Briohny Smyth, Caley Alyssa, Derek Cook, Joseph Barnett, Donovan McGrath, Mary Beth LaRue and more.
MUSIC – Groove to live performances featuring the sounds of The Wanderlust House Band consisting of Eric Krasno, Allen Stone, Louis Cato, Steve Swatkins, Jesse Murphy, Danny Mayer, Mary Corso and Special Guest Robert Randolph. Also featured are Garth Stevenson, Ron Artis + The Truth, October’s Child, Roothub, SuperTallPaul, and of course, our signature Silent Disco, with live DJs spinning tunes, such as DJ Drez, Jesse Blake, DJ Sol Rising and more.
MEDITATION – Relax and get grounded with meditation sessions from renowned teachers such as Light Watkins, Noah Levine, Clio Manuelian, Lauri Glenn, Aya and Tyler Erin Ward, and more.
TALKS – Attendees will be inspired by the Speakeasy series, a lecture program featuring today's thought leaders: Comedy Central headliner and New York Times bestselling author, Kyle Cease will enthrall audiences with his unique blend of wit and transformation; Ken E. Nwadike, Jr., whose ‘Free Hugs’ videos have reached hundreds of millions of views on Facebook and YouTube, will speak about the ways you can support a cause and the power of positive interaction; Lauren Zander, Co-Founder and Chairwoman of Handel Group, an international corporate consulting and life coaching company will reveal ways to make an inspired personal plan to cause the change you most want, and more.
FOOD & WINE – The Farm to Table Dinner is a seated, festive, multi-course, family style dinner where guests will experience traditional and innovative dishes and live music in a beautiful mountainside evening setting. At The Cookout, enjoy a buffet of grilled meats and veggies, local and seasonal sides, music and delightful company. (Gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options available for both the Farm to Table Dinner and The Cookout.) Or, join us for The Happiest Hour, where guests can socialize, snack, and enjoy libations and music while basking in a post yoga glow.
For further information and ticket pricing, please visit https://wanderlust.com/squawvalley
Attendees will enjoy unique experiences curated by a number of Wanderlust partners including:
- adidas will host onsite sports programming for event attendees enabling them to embed more sport into their day and create their best selves at all US-based events. Apparel from the adidas x Wanderlust co-branded collection will be sold at each event.
- Flow is pleased to bring their high quality, naturally alkaline spring water to Wanderlust festivals to hydrate attendees throughout the day. These events will also be a chance to taste Flow’s brand new flavored water: organic cucumber + mint and organic lemon + ginger in a refreshing environment.
- Ford Motor Company was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. Ford is proud to be the Official Vehicle of Wanderlust and to support healthy initiatives inside, and outside, the company. Event attendees can stop by the Ford Zen Den to learn more about the sustainable practices and wellness programs at Ford, and of course, take home some incredible giveaways.
- The North Lake Tahoe Resort Association works to promote and enhance tourism to North Lake Tahoe. A proud partner of the Wanderlust Festival, the NLTRA recognizes the cultural and economic importance of acclaimed festivals and events. It is an information hub for explorers, an advocate for small businesses and a promoter of world-class outdoor recreation and wellness.
- Spiritual Gangster, a yoga inspired clothing brand for high vibration living, whose purpose is to spread good vibes, gratitude and always give back.
- Always inclusive and inspiring, Yoga Journal is dedicated to helping talented teachers and passionate students grow and share the transformative practice of yoga. For more than 40 years Yoga Journal has continued to be the authoritative source of content focused exclusively on yoga and the yoga lifestyle. We engage our print, digital, and event audiences with top teacher wisdom and instruction on poses, breathing, philosophy, meditation, and more; plus, in-depth reporting on news and trends that impact our community.
The Wanderlust Festival tour will continue beyond Squaw Valley with stops in Whistler, British Columbia (Canada), August 2-5 and Tremblant, Quebec (Canada), August 23-26.
Wanderlust Holdings, LLC is a global yoga lifestyle company founded in 2009. Our mission is to help you find your true north—to live a healthy and inspired life. Wanderlust’s events encompass Wanderlust Festival, the largest multi-day yoga and music festivals in the world and Wanderlust 108, a one-day “mindful triathlon” taking place in urban parks across the world. In 2012, we opened the first Wanderlust Yoga studio, a re-imagination of the yoga studio experience and began offering Wanderlust Teacher Training, a yoga teacher-training program inspired by the Wanderlust festival experience. In 2015, we launched Wanderlust TV, a media platform connecting viewers with inspirational teachers and wellness experts and Wanderlust Hollywood, a 10,000 square foot center in Los Angeles, CA offering yoga and meditation classes, a world-class organic restaurant, and a full-featured performance venue.
Become a fan of Wanderlust at
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Voted ‘Best Ski Resort’ in North America for the third year in a row by USA Today and 10Best Readers’ Choice, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California. Spanning over 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, 14 easy-to-navigate mountain zones and a custom app to make the most of every visit. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital™ as it provides one of the longest ski and snowboard seasons in Lake Tahoe. Visit squawalpine.com or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more.
Kim Small, Director of Publicity
212-766-8040 x 109