New York, NY (March 21, 2016) Wanderlust, producers of the largest yoga lifestyle events in the world, returns to spectacular Squaw Valley, July 14-17. California’s extraordinary, four-day retreat brings an unforgettable combination of yoga, music, speakers and outdoor adventure to yoga enthusiasts, families, foodies and outdoor explorers the opportunity to experience the ultimate restorative getaway.
The 2016 event will feature an unparalleled lineup of some of the world’s most sought after yoga teachers, musicians, meditation instructors and performing artists. Attendees can practice various styles of yoga (at all levels), outdoor activities such as hiking, nature runs, paddle-boarding and biking, and indulge in wine tastings and organic delicacies.
YOGA— Experience top tier yoga classes taught by the world’s most sought after teachers: Seane Corn, Shiva Rea, Dharma Mittra, Gurmukh, Eoin Finn, MC Yogi and more
MUSIC – Get down with live performances featuring the experimental digital rock of Yeasayer, reggae great Stephen Marley, the electronica/world fusion sound of Beats Antique as well as Magic Giant, Son Little, Kaminanda, Kevin Paris, Masood Ali Kahn and the sweet beats of DJ Tasha Blank, DJ Drez, DJ Sol Rising and more.
MEDITATION –Relax and get centered with meditation classes from renowned teachers such as Noah Levine, Sianna Sherman, Julie Rader Wellan, Shakti Sunfire and more.
NATURE - Outdoor enthusiasts of all ages will delight in the full range of adventurous activities from stand up paddle boarding, explorative hikes and adventure runs to kayaking, outdoor meditations, photo treks and more. A collection of imaginative activities such as acroyoga, hula hooping, and slacklining will also be available.
TALKS - Attendees will be inspired by the Speakeasy series, a lecture program featuring today's thought leaders: Jeffrey Hollender, co-founder of Seventh Generation will discuss sustainable business and corporate responsibility; Lauren Singer who will discuss practical ways to create near zero waste; Chef Jason Wrobel, host of the Cooking Channel TV series How To Live to 100 will discuss the healing power of and many more.
Festival attendees will be nourished by a number of Wanderlust partners, including:
- adidas, will host a one-of-a kind, immersive onsite activation to engage in attendee-led experiences, enabling them to embed more sport into their day and create their best selves at all US-based events. Curated adidas apparel also will be sold at each event.
- Aveda, will present the Beauty Bar, a space for relaxation and rejuvenation. Stop by for quick yogi-friendly hairstyles from their experts, experience Aveda’s wellness rituals of renewal, and find aromas that help bring balance to the body through Aveda’s selection of naturally-derived (from plants, non-petroleum minerals or water) products that help connect beauty, environment and well-being.
- Ford Motor Company aims to deliver great products, a strong business and a better world. Ford, the Official Vehicle of Wanderlust, will present a series of curated workshops and lectures hosted by Wanderlust thought leaders. Festival attendees will also have the opportunity to take a drive around festival grounds or catch a ride to their next Wanderlust destination in the new 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid, along with other Ford hybrid and plug-in hybrid cars.
- Kashi believes that eating more plants can be a catalyst for a healthier life – which is why they’ll be sharing a variety of new plant-powered foods with festival attendees in 2016. By curating unique ingredients that simply #GoTogether, Kashi is able to create foods that offer both complete nutrition sources and taste amazing.
- Balancing symbolism with naturally inspired elements, Silver & Sage Jewelry offers individuals a wearable reflection of their spirit and a reminder of their own journey. Bracelets, malas, earrings and necklaces made with silver, gold and natural stones will be available for purchase on-site.
- Spiritual Gangster, a yoga inspired clothing brand for high vibration living, aligns the vision of the ancient practice of yoga and the modern world.
- Temple Turmeric will be sampling and selling their whole root turmeric-based beverages including two new Elixirs that feature white turmeric: Pure Mega and White Turmeric Dark Cherry. Ask them how to win a free bottle and be on the look out for their nomadic Temple Rickshaw wandering the festival grounds sharing their turmeric offerings and spreading love.
The Wanderlust Festival tour will continue beyond Squaw Valley with stops in Whistler, British Columbia (Canada), July 28-August 1 and Tremblant, Quebec (Canada), August 11-14.
For more information and tickets please visit: http://wanderlust.com/festivals/squaw-valley/
Wanderlust Festival, LLC is a producer of large-scale lifestyle festival events focusing on yoga, music and wellness. The company encompasses Wanderlust Festival, the largest multi-day yoga and music festivals in the world; Wanderlust 108, a one-day “mindful triathlon” taking place in urban parks across the world; Wanderlust Hollywood, a 10,000 square foot community center in Los Angeles, CA; Wanderlust Media, a fully integrated multi-platform digital interface; Wanderlust Yoga, a re-imagination of the yoga studio experience; and the Wanderlust Teacher Training, a yoga teacher training program inspired by the Wanderlust festival experience. In 2016, Wanderlust will produce over 25 events across the world centered around its core mission: creating community around mindful living. The company was founded in 2009 as a joint venture between Velour Music Group, C3 Presents and Starr Hill Presents.
Director of Publicity
212-766-8040 x 109