Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
(530) 452-7111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the largest Earth Day festivals in the region invites the local community to celebrate North Lake Tahoe’s environmental initiatives
Click here to access photo assets**
**For media use only, courtesy of The Village at Squaw Valley
Olympic Valley, CA (April 11, 2016) – The 2016 Tahoe Truckee Earth Day Festival returns to the Village at Squaw Valley on Saturday, April 16. One of the largest Earth Day celebrations in the region, the free community event takes place at the Village at Squaw Valley from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and gives kids and adults the opportunity to learn about recycling, composting, alternative energy, and sustainability through hands-on activities the whole family can enjoy.
A diverse array of booths welcomes hands-on participation: get dirty in the compost zone, explore new ways to recycle, learn about solar energy, and check out “The Discovery Zone” hosted by the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum. The event also boasts Tahoe’s very own “Trashion” show, raffle prizes, dancing and live music from Joaquin and The Love Lights and The Kitchen Dwellers.
Following is the Tahoe Truckee Earth Day Festival schedule of events:
- 11:00 a.m.: Main Event in the Village at Squaw Valley begins. Educational Booths on display all day
- 11:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.: Discovery Zone hosted by the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum – First Street
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.: Joaquin & The Love Lights – Events Plaza Stage
- 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.: Kids “build your own burrito” with fresh ingredients from the Tahoe Food Hub and Patagonia Provisions. Free & all ages welcome. Space is limited so please arrive early to reserve a spot – Patagonia Store
- 12:00 – 4:00 PM – DIY clothing repair clinic with Patagonia repair techs. Bring your own well-loved clothing to repair (it’s ok if it’s not from Patagonia) or fix one of the lightly worn garments we have on hand and it’s yours to keep – Patagonia Store
- 2:00-2:15 p.m.: Asha Dancers – Events Plaza Stage
- 2:00 – 4:00 PM – Patagonia Provisions Après – Patagonia Store
- 2:15-3:00 p.m.: Trashion Show – Events Plaza Stage
- 3:25 p.m.: Raffle winners announced – Events Plaza Stage
- 3:30-5:00 p.m.: The Kitchen Dwellers – Events Plaza Stage
- 5:00 p.m.: See you next year!
Tahoe Truckee Earth Day Festival is free to the public and Tahoe Area Regional Tranit (TART) will be offering free return bus services from the festival to North Lake Tahoe, Incline Village and Truckee.
The Tahoe Truckee Earth Day Festival is a "zero-waste" event. Food and biodegradable waste will be collected by volunteers and Incline Village General Improvement District's (IVGID) Waste Not to be composted. In addition, all food vendors will utilize biodegradable take-out containers when possible. For more information on the Tahoe Truckee Earth Day Festival and a full schedule of events, visit www.tahoetruckeeearthday.com.
About The Village at Squaw Valley®
The Village at Squaw Valley is a year-round destination in the heart of Squaw Valley, located in North Lake Tahoe. This European-inspired Village features five restaurants, all with outdoor seating, bars, and eateries along with a variety of boutiques and galleries. Condominium style suites are conveniently located for access to four season adventure including aerial tram rides to High Camp at 8200 feet, overlooking Lake Tahoe. The Village events plaza is home to a variety of outdoor activities and premier music festivals, including free outdoor movie nights and Bluesdays throughout the summer season. Visit squawalpine.com/lodging or call (866) 818-6963 to learn more.
# # #