Torchlight Parade Update
Mother Nature is closing out 2018 with a blustery bang! Today we are experiencing very high winds (gusts on the ridges have clocked in at 124mph today), extremely cold temperatures (wind chill is below zero) and icy conditions on Mountain Run. Due to all these factors, our Mountain Operations team has made a few changes to the Torchlight Parade this evening. Here's what's changed:
- The Funitel will no longer operate past 4pm this evening
- Exhibition Chairlift will be open from 5-6:30pm for all pre-registered participants to take a lap down (from Mid Station only) with LED torches
- Skiers & riders who are pre-registered need to pick up their wristband in the Event Registration office (near Wildflour Bakery in the Olympic House)
- Participants must show their wristband in order to load Exhibition
- Torches will be passed out at the Exhibition chairlift
Please note: Temperatures are very cold and the sun will be down, so please dress warmly!!!
While we couldn't break the world record tonight, we will still attempt this feat in the futures. We sincerely thank everyone who pre-registered (3,500 people!) for their enthusiasm for the parade.
Other New Year's Eve Celebrations
- 5-7pm: Live music from cover band Apple Z on the KT Deck
- 7pm: NYE fireworks specatuclar on the KT Deck
- 7-pm: Family-friendly New York NYE Party at Olympic House in Plaza Bar & Bar One
High Five the Year!
High Five the Year (formally Squaw Valley Prom) is a classic Squaw Valley New Year's bash! Head to Olympic Village Lodge and channel your inner Saved by the Bell for a 90s themed New Year's celebration to benefit High Fives Foundation. At midnight, amidst beats from outstanding DJ's, all attendees can ring in the new year with a champagne toast!