From skiing and riding to snowy scenery and festive events, these are our top 5 reasons to spend the holidays at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows.
1. Plenty of Open Terrain
31 Lifts, 75+ Runs, Over 1,000 Skiable Acres Open
With 69 inches of cumulative snowfall on our upper mountains so far this season, there is over 1,000 acres of open terrain to ski and ride this holiday season. From mellow beginner trails, to perfect corduroy and adventurous off-piste pitches, we have something for every snow lover to enjoy:
- Beginner: Ride the Aerial Tram to High Camp and practice your turns on the gentle beginner slopes off Bailey's Beach, Mountain Meadow or Belmont chairlifts. The runs here are low angle, groomed and have stunning views of Lake Tahoe.
- Intermediate: Awesome intermediate terrain is boundless right now! At Alpine Meadows, take some warmup laps on Roundhouse Express, then take Summit Express to the top and cruise down Alpine Bowl. At Squaw Valley, don't miss the groomed runs and tree skiing off Shirley Lake, the sunny slopes of Gold Coast and the 3.2 mile Mountain Run all the way to the base.
- Advanced: Check out Wolverine Bowl off Summit Express at Alpine Meadows, or Siberia Bowl at Squaw Valley.
2. Tons of Free Music and Fireworks
Music on the Slopes, Acclaimed Après Musicians and Fireworks
From December 27 through New Year's Eve there will be tons of free live music all over the resorts! From favorite local bands and DJs to acclaimed musicians, be on the lookout for performance popups on and off the slopes! You can also après to the beat with live music at Plaza Bar at Squaw Valley and Alpine Bar at Alpine Meadows every afternoon. Stick around for several free fireworks displays including a special New Year's Eve show! Music & Fireworks schedule>>
3. Sunsets at 8,200'
Free Sunset Aerial Tram Rides to the Newly Remodeled High Camp
4. Tahoe Super 4 Pack
Ski for less than $108/day with the Tahoe Super 4 Pack and save up to 40% off window rates
Save up to 40% off lift ticket rates with the Tahoe Super 4 pack. You can ski or ride any 4 days for less than $108/day. If you don't use all your days over the holidays, come back and shred later this winter or spring. Once you pick up your 4 pack at the ticket office, you can go straight to the lifts on your next 3 days.
5. Spend Time with Family on the Mountains
The perfect setting to unplug and make memories with the ones you love
There's something about the fresh mountain air and breathtaking scenery of the Sierra that brings people together over the holidays. Whether you and your kids ski bell-to-bell or prefer playing in the snow followed by hot chocolate by the firepit, your family will never forget a Christmas in the mountains. Here are just a few of our favorite family-friendly activities your family will love:
On the Slopes
Check out the week's conditions shared by local skiers and riders!