Sun is Out & Conditions are FUN
The Groundhog has spoken! Fresh out of his burrow on Gobbler’s Knob, Punxsutawney Phil has officially predicted we are in store for six more weeks of winter. We are celebrating this completely scientific forecast by getting out on the mountain for skiing and riding in the California sunshine!
Punxsutawney Phil celebrating six more weeks of winter
Sunny weather on tap for the weekend!
Snow & Terrain Recommendation
- Snow is super soft and fun today
- Emigrant, Siberia, Shirley were all skiing really well today
- Tip: ski something with a nice consistent pitch. It's creamy cruising out there and getting a little sticky. Stop by the Gold Coast Demo Center for a quick $10 hot wax to get your boards moving!
Cruising on the groomers in Big Blue Zone on January 31, 2018
Terrain Park Update
When the sun is out, there's no better time to hit one of our 5 terrain parks. We've got features for all abilities - mini rollers to medium/large jumps!
- 4 terrain parks open at Squaw Valley with 31 features
- 1 terrain park open at Alpine Meadows with 7 features
Live Après Music, The Big Game and Fireworks
Lots of live après music, a fireworks show and fun events this weekend! Here are just a few:
- Feel Good Fridays: Head to the Auld Dubliner for $5 drink specials, raffles and live music to support Achieve Tahoe
- Friday Night Tasting Notes: Free tastings from Jack Daniels at Plaza Bar from 3:30-5pm with live music
- Winter Music in The Village: Chi McClean plays 2-4pm on Saturday
- Winter Après at Alpine Bar: Papiba Gogihno + Special Guest (moving outside on the deck 1-4pm)
- Winter Après at Plaza Bar: Chuck Dunn & Cowboy Steve (Moving outside to KT Base Bar 1-4pm)
- Winter Fireworks: The show goes off at 6pm - watch from the KT Base Bar and warm up in Plaza Bar
- Watch the Big Game on Sunday at Rocker@Squaw or Auld Dubliner
NEW! Tahoe Value 2 Pack
Don't miss our best deal yet! Ski for $69/day with the Tahoe Value 2 - that's $100/day savings! Valid any day of the 2017-18 season, blacked out all Saturdays & Sunday, February 18