Several Storms with Fluctuating Snow Levels

Category: Weather
Monday - Tuesday Storm:

Cloudy with scattered rain showers for Monday as the next storm moves in.  Snow levels up around 9,000 feet so all rain expected on the mountain.  Highs in the 40's.  Ridgetop winds increasing to 40+ mph.

A chance for steady rain & snow showers Monday night into Tuesday.  Snow levels slowly lowering overnight down to 8,000 feet.  Above 8,000 feet (top of Funitel) we could see 1-2 inches of snow.  Then snow levels continue to slowly lower Tuesday down to around 7,000 feet by afternoon.  We could see 1-2 inches above 7,000 feet and 1-3 inches above 8,000 feet, with rain at the base.

We could see showers linger into Tuesday evening before the storm clears out overnight.  A final inch is possible up top.  Highs in the 30's on the upper mountain Tuesday and 40's at the base.  Ridgetop winds gusting to 45+ mph.

Wednesday:

We should see a break Wednesday with partly sunny skies and highs in the 40's.

Thursday Storm:

A weak system moving through Thursday - Thursday night will bring light rain & snow showers.  Snow levels up around 7,000 feet, maybe lowering to 6,500 feet under heavier showers.   We could see 3-5 inches on the mountain above 7,000 feet, with mainly rain expected at the base.  Highs in the 30's on the upper mountain and 40's at the base.

Friday-Saturday Storm:

A stronger storm is possible for Friday into Saturday.  This system looks to start mild as well with snow levels up around 7,000 feet, possibly dropping down to 6,500 feet under heavier bursts of precipitation.  Above 7,000 feet we could see 15-20 inches.  A sharp cut-off below that with a few inches possible in the 6,500-7,000 foot range, and mostly rain below that at the base.

Some forecast models bring a 3rd system in Saturday with rain and snow continuing into Saturday.  Night.  We will continue to fine-tune the forecast all week.

Long-Range:

We may see another break in the storms Sunday into next Monday.

The long-range models are split on whether or not the storm track shifts just to our north for the week of the 8th, or if storms could continue starting next Tuesday.  We could see a chance for storms continuing through mid-month.

BA