Over 50 local businesses and artisans welcome you to a virtual event May 22 – 25, 2020
- Support and shop local at the virtual event taking place on Facebook
- The live Made in Tahoe Festival has been rescheduled to take place at The Village at Squaw Valley® October 10 -11, 2020
[Olympic Valley, Calif.] May 20, 2020—Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial start to summer, and at Squaw Valley, that means the return of the annual Made in Tahoe Festival. This year, because of COVID-19 guidelines and social distancing, the event will take place virtually on Facebook May 22 -25. Over 50 local businesses, artisans, and entertainers will be sharing their Truckee and Tahoe-inspired work. Take advantage of special discounts, new work unveilings and special demonstrations.
“We couldn’t let Memorial Day and the kick-off to summer pass without some recognition and celebration of our talented local community so we’re hosting a virtual event so that Tahoe fans from across the globe can celebrate the creative culture we are so proud of,” said Caroline Ross, executive director for the Squaw Village Neighborhood Company. “We are looking forward to the rescheduled event to take place in The Village October 10 and 11th but the Facebook event is a great way to participate and support our local businesses and artists this Memorial Day weekend”.
Visit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Facebook Event page for complete event lineup and to access the virtual marketplace starting May 22.
Saturday, May 23
- 3:00pm: Fine Art Gallery Tour with @gallerykeoki
- 3:15pm: Live performance by @samravenna
- 4:00pm: Live performance by Mountain Folk @davidbeckproductions or @tahoemountainfolk
- 4:30pm: Live jewelry style and care demo with @tamacino
- 4:45pm: Slant Skis Owner Josh Bennett @SlantSkis
Sunday, May 24
- 3:00pm: Live Face Painting Demonstration by @glittrskin
- 3:30pm: PlumpJack Sports shows last year’s gear at up to 60% off @plumpjacksport
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Voted ‘Best Ski Resort’ in North America for three years in a row by USA Today and 10Best Readers’ Choice, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California. Spanning over 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, legendary steeps, 14 easy-to-navigate mountain zones and a custom app to make the most of every visit. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital™ as it provides one of the longest ski and snowboard seasons in Lake Tahoe.
Director of Marketing
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
530.452.7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org