Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows First Ski Resort to Integrate New Features of Apple Watch Series 3 with Apple Watch App
- Squaw Alpine App updates for Apple Watch Series 3 include integration with Apple Watch Activity App and convenient tracking right from the wrist
- Guests who ski or ride over 10,000 vertical feet in one day with the Squaw Alpine app can claim special offers in The Village at Squaw Valley April 1 – 30 with the Spring Vertical Challenge contest
Click here to access photo assets**
**For media use online, courtesy of Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
[Olympic Valley, Calif.] Apr. 6, 2018 – Fresh off the launch of skiing and snowboarding activity tracking on Apple Watch Series 3, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is the first ski resort worldwide with a custom app for Apple Watch using these new features. The resort first introduced the Squaw Alpine App for Apple Watch in 2016 in tandem with the release of its mobile app, developed by Wearlynx, and it is now better than ever with Apple Watch Series 3.
Squaw Alpine App for Apple Watch Series 3 Features:
- Track and view skiing and riding activity right from your wrist with or without your phone
- Performance tracking includes skiing time, calories burned, as well as maximum speed, number of runs, lifts, trails, horizontal miles and vertical feet skied
- Activity automatically integrates with Apple Watch Activity App and the Health app on iPhone
- View current lift or trail, including the percentage travelled up a lift or down a trail
- The built-in GPS and altimeter in Apple Watch Series 3 enables even more accurate tracking
“Given our proximity to the global technology center of Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay area, we have the unique ability to move with the fast pace of the tech world. Our guests are about as tech savvy as they come, and we believe they desire the ability to use technology to enhance their fun time out on the mountain, without it feeling stressful or burdensome,” said Tracy Chang, vice president of digital marketing at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. “Whether you are competing against yourself to close your Activity rings, or competing against friends and family, our app for Apple Watch allows you to own an active lifestyle at our mountains. And it’s working—the percentage of app users on the Apple Watch is increasing every season. The Apple Watch is a natural fit for the slopes as it’s easy to glance at the wrist for notifications and updates, keep hands warmer and fewer phones dropped from the chairlift.”
Spring Vertical Challenge April 1 – 30, 2018
Guests who ski or ride more than 10,000 vertical feet in one day using the Squaw Alpine app on their phone or Apple Watch can claim special offers at locations in The Village at Squaw Valley. Every day from April 1 – 30, 2018, skiers and riders logging over 10,000 feet can show their device at participating locations to claim their special offer, good the same day only. App users must enable performance tracking upon visiting the resort to track their vertical feet. For details on the Spring Vertical Challenge and information on participating locations, click here.
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Voted ‘Best Ski Resort’ in North America for the third year in a row by USA Today and 10Best Readers’ Choice, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California. Spanning over 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, 14 easy-to-navigate mountain zones and a custom app to make the most of every visit. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital™ as it provides one of the longest ski and snowboard seasons in Lake Tahoe. Visit squawalpine.com or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more.
# # #