Spring is officially here! At Squaw and Alpine, we love springtime. Sunshine, corn cycles, longer days, the Sundeck, live music, killer events, and so much more. Yes, spring in the high Sierra is something to celebrate. Even better, you can ski & ride for FREE this spring starting April 8th when you purchase your 2019-20 Ikon Pass! So why come and enjoy springtime in the mountains with us? Here are our top 5 reasons to visit Squaw & Alpine:
- Best Spring Conditions: After receiving a record-breaking 315" (more than 26 feet!) in February, the skiing and riding at Squaw & Alpine is the best in Tahoe! From groomers to parks to bumps and steeps, there’s something for everyone on the mountain right now. Temperatures have been dropping overnight, keeping the snow in great shape and giving us fast groomers in the morning with fun corn in the afternoon. Did we mention we mention we're staying open for skiing and riding thru July 7th? (weather and conditions permitting)
Inside tip: In the spring, we recommend following the sun to get the most out of your day. South facing slopes warm first in the morning sun, so start out skiing on lifts like Gold Coast or Big Blue. As the day (and your legs) warm up, check out Shirley, Siberia and Headwall. Trails off these lifts take a little longer to loosen up but when they do – they can’t be beat. Our favorite during this time of year is Sun Bowl located right off the top of Headwall lift. Great pitch and soft snow!
- Snow Beaches: What’s better than riding all morning then soaking up the sun in the afternoon while enjoying a cold beer & lawn games? Not much! Visit the new Snow Beaches, located at Gold Coast at Squaw Valley and in front of the Alpine Lodge at Alpine Meadows. Snow Beaches are equipped with lawn chairs, cornhole, firepits, and are only steps away from a bar.
- Lively Spring Events: Live music, The 29th Annual Cushing Crossing, Snow Golf, Passholder Parties and much more. We have a stacked schedule coming up with fun events for everyone! Check out our events calendar to see what’s coming up next!
- Themed Weekends: We’re so stoked on spring here at the Spring Skiing Capital, we want to celebrate every weekend. Break out your funkiest attire to match the theme of the weekend. Weekends in April are Retro themed, while weekends in May are Hawaiian themed.
Inside Tip: Are you planning on coming up with friends? If you don't have a pass, check out the Spring Ticket Trio. This 3-ticket bundle grants you one ticket per person at a huge discount.
- Après: Ahhh, après. The sweet, sweet feeling of relaxing with friends and family, food and drinks after exploring the mountain. Need we say more? Don’t miss some of our favorite watering holes like Rocker, KT Base Bar and Le Chamois.
So there you have it: The top five reasons to come visit us this spring. We know the weather has been more like winter recently, but that’s just another reason to love spring in the Sierra: powder! Whether it’s sunny or snowy, conditions are great. See you on the slopes!