Summer in Lake Tahoe is filled with perfect sunny days. Squaw Valley lodging is generally cheaper and you can find great deals at local restaurants. Below are our top 5 activities and events to check out this while you're enjoying your stay in the sunny California weather:
1. HIKING - We’ve got some stellar hiking at Squaw right now. The wildflowers are about to bloom and the waterfalls are gushing over the granite rock in Shirley Canyon. View our hiking map to take on your own excursion or join us for a free guided hike that departs from High Camp every day.
2. BIKE TO LAKE TAHOE - Start your journey by renting a bike in The Village at Squaw Valley from Parallel Mountain Sports and head out on your mellow 8 mile ride. The bike path is awesome during the spring. This is a popular activity during July & August, so if you can hit it before the summer crowds, you'll be good to go. The path snakes alongside the Truckee River and pops you out at the shores of Lake Tahoe. Remember to bring your bathing suit, beach towel and sunscreen. You’ll want to hang out at the beach for a bit.
3. FREE MUSIC - Bluesdays Tuesdays & Truckee Thursdays (our favorite weekly summer events) arrive early. Starting mid-June, Squaw Valley will be hosting free concerts every Tuesday through the summer. We’ve got a killer music lineup on Tuesdays, so make sure to check out our great lodging deals so that you can stay and enjoy all the action. Swing on over to Truckee every Thursday where you'll find a street festival packed with local artisans, music and food.
4. EAT AT LOCAL RESTAURANTS IN SURROUNDING TOWNS – Head to the town of Truckee and stop at Old Town Tap in historic downtown. A great patio area paired with a wide drink selection and artisinal cuisine makes for an unbeatable experience. If you’re heading to Tahoe City, which is located right next to Lake Tahoe, stop by Pioneer Cocktail Club. Happy hour is 7 days a week day from 3-6pm serving up half-off pizzas and discounted cocktails.
5. AERIAL TRAM RIDES – Your Lake Tahoe vacation is not complete without a scenic Aerial Tram ride to High Camp. Take in the expansive views of Squaw Valley ski resort and Lake Tahoe on the ride up. Once you arrive at High Camp, stop and snap a photo, hike up the ridgeline to get an even better view of Lake Tahoe. Tip: Find $10 off coupons around town for discounted Tram rides all day long.
With great deals and beautiful weather, summer is without a doubt the time you want to visit Lake Tahoe. What are you waiting for?