For Immediate Release
Liesl Kenney, Public Relations Director
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
530.452.7111 or email@example.com
Sam Kieckhefer, Public Relations Coordinator
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
530.584.6035 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Roundhouse Express & Meadow Chair open at Alpine Meadows
• 2016-17 Tahoe Super Pass prices will increase up to $120 and the Bronze Pass will no longer be available after November 29
• Upcoming events include It’s Mountain Time World Cup season kickoff December 3 and Warren Miller’s Here, There & Everywhere December 10 with special performance by Mandolin Orange
New Snow Photos**
**For media use only, courtesy of Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
[Olympic Valley, Calif.] Nov. 28, 2016 – Up to 25 inches of snow fell over the weekend at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows and Alpine Meadows will operate new terrain today accessed via Roundhouse Express & Meadow Chair. Guests can stay in the know with terrain and snow updates on the new Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows App. With Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows looking to once again host Tahoe’s longest season, now is the time to purchase a Tahoe Super Pass, with prices good through tomorrow, November 29.
Tahoe Super Pass Prices Good Through November 29
Skiers and riders looking to gain access to 6,000 acres, 42 lifts and over 270 trails at both Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows can purchase the Tahoe Super Pass, starting at $499 for adults. Current prices will increase up to $120 and the Bronze Pass will no longer be available after November 29.
It’s Mountain Time with David Garibaldi, December 3
In preparation for the arrival of the World Cup at Squaw Valley on March 9-12, 2017, It’s Mountain Time will kick off the World Cup season and celebrate the athletes of tomorrow. Watch America’s Got Talent finalist David Garibaldi’s themed performance where paint, sound and entertainment collide for an entertaining show that has brought people around the world to their feet. In addition, the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Ski Team youth athletes who have been selected to be flag bearers for the World Cup National Anthem Ceremony on March 10 will be announced. Young skiers and riders will enjoy an Après S’mores Party, Mago ChoCho Kids Magic Show and a Disco Dance in Olympic House. A Chili Cook Off to benefit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Foundation will be followed by a performance by Foreverland, a 14-piece Michael Jackson Tribute band, to benefit Creekside Charter School. Click here for more information and the full event lineup.
Warren Miller’s Here, There & Everywhere, November 25, 26 and December 10
The 67th annual Warren Miller film, Here, There & Everywhere, features Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows terrain and personality, including narration by Jonny Moseley. The December 10 screening will include a free performance by WinterWonderGrass favorite Mandolin Orange. Click here for more information and full lineup.
Special Events for Skiers and Riders of All Ability Levels
The kick off to the 2016-17 season at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows will include valuable learning opportunities for skiers and riders of all ability levels, including:
- $69 Learn to Ski & Ride Special, December 10 & 11: Learn how to ski or snowboard for just $69 (ages 3+) at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. Lessons include a beginner lift ticket, rental equipment and instruction. Click here for more information and to book.
- Alpenglow Winter Film Series, November 17, December 1, January 5 and February 23: Back for its 11th year, the Alpenglow Winter Film Series will be showcasing its best lineup to date with professional athletes like Adrian Ballinger sharing stories of their incredible adventures in the mountains. Click here for more information.
- S.A.F.E. A.S. Women’s Avalanche Safety Clinic, December 10-12: Join a legendary group of professional female athletes and certified AIARE Avalanche Instructors for a day of avalanche safety, skiing and après fun. Click here for more information.
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Voted 2016 ‘Best Ski Resort’ in North America by USA Today and 10Best Readers’ Choice, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe that spans over 6,000 skiable acres. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year round with nonstop events and nearly 60 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the spring skiing capital as it provides one of the longest ski and snowboard seasons in Lake Tahoe. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, 14 easy-to-navigate mountain zones and a custom app to make the most of every visit. Visit squawalpine.com or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more.
# # #