Getting to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows has never been easier! The Reno Tahoe International Airport (RNO) operates 100 daily departures nonstop to 20 U.S. cities and an international city. Our area also offers a multitude of transportation options once you get here to make traveling easy. If you're driving, we're 42 miles from Reno, 96 miles from Sacramento or 196 miles from San Francisco via all-weather I-80.
Estimated Travel Times
Atlanta: 5 hours
Boise: 1.5 hours
Chicago: 4 hours
Dallas: 3.5 hours
Denver: 2 hours
Houston: 4 hours
Las Vegas: 1 hour
Long Beach: 1.5 hours
Los Angeles: 1.5 hours
Minneapolis: 3.5 hours
New York: 6.5 hours
Oakland: 1 hour
Phoenix: 2 hours
Portland: 1.5 hours
Salt Lake City: 1.5 hours
San Diego: 1.5 hours
San Francisco: 1 hour
San Jose: 1 hour
Seattle: 2 hours
Guadalajara: 4 hours
Los Angeles: 7.5 hours
Reno: 1 hours
Sacramento: 2 hours
San Diego: 10 hours
San Francisco: 4 hours
San Jose: 4.5 hours
Detailed Directions and Information
Traveling by Car
- Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows and the Tahoe area are easily accessed by car on major highways
- Get driving directions from Google Maps
- For current road conditions and traffic information check Caltrans
Lyft in Tahoe
New to Lyft? Download the app and insert promo code SQUAWALPINE to redeem $10 off your first 2 rides. Whether you're visiting from South Lake Tahoe, Truckee, or arriving from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, Lyft is a convenient alternative to getting around.
Lyft dropoff zones are the carpool area at Squaw Valley and the drop off area in front of the Lodge at Alpine Meadows.
Traveling by Plane
The closest airport to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows is Reno-Tahoe International (RNO), just an hours drive or shuttle ride away. You can also fly into Sacramento (2 hour drive) or San Fransisco (3 hour drive). The following taxis and shuttles provide ground transport from Reno:
Traveling by Bus
If you're coming from the Tahoe area, Sacramento, or San Francisco, there are shuttle bus options to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows:
- Free Ski Shuttle North Tahoe - Free skier shuttle running on weekends/holidays December 20, 2014-April 4, 2015. Shuttle runs along the North Shore of Lake Tahoe with drop off/pick up at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. Call 800-736-6365 for information or view the schedule
- Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART) - Service running daily from Truckee and Tahoe City to Squaw Valley. Available 7 days a week - $1.75. Call 530-550-1212 for information or View Full TART Schedule - You can also download NextBus, an app that tracks TART buses in real time.
- North Lake Tahoe Water Shuttle - services the North and West shore's of Lake Tahoe. Catch a ride between Carnelian Bay and Homewood. Operates during the summer only. Call 530-581-8707 for information, fares and reservations or View Water Shuttle Schedule/Reservations Info
- Patty's Tour Ski Shuttle - Round trip transportation and lift tickets from Reno-Area Casinos to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows. For more information and booking, call 775-453-1794. Available 7 days a week November 20, 2015 - March 27th, 2016. Advanced reservations required.
- Alpine Adventures: The Sacramento Area premier ski bus since 1965. Offering bus service to Squaw Valley and Alpine meadows with hot beverages, pastries, and après ski beverages and goodies.
Bay Area Buses
- Bay Area Ski Bus: Ski Tour Operator offering bus service to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows. We operate fun, safe bus trips for Adults, Teens, Families and all types of groups. Easy, convenient and safe. Call 925-680-4386 or email Bay Area Ski Bus to book your next ski trip.
- North American Charter Ski: Bringing skiers and snowboarders to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows on eco-friendly luxury coaches. Call 925-230-2086 to book your next ski trip.
Fly & Ski Free Deal
Guests arriving by airplane can ski or ride for free. Present your same-day commercial airline boarding pass with a matching photo ID at the Guest Services & Sales Center at Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows and receive a complimentary full-day lift ticket valid from 9am - 4pm.
To view chain controls or other traffic conditions on the map, click Options.