WinterWonderGrass is postponed until 2021
A Message from WinterWonderGrass
This is, unfortunately, the update we have done everything in our power to avoid, but our hand is now forced and the State of California is not supporting gatherings over 250 people at this time, following a directive issued by the Centers for Disease Control. We firmly believe that from each challenge and disappointment in life, a door opens to an unexpected and beautiful opportunity. The last thing we wanted to have to do is postpone WinterWonderGrass California and simply writing these words breaks my heart.
Our deepest thoughts go out to you—our fans, our community, the hardworking artists that will struggle with cancellations, the production and operations crews whom count on the work, our volunteers, vendors, sponsors, the locals who’ve been so supportive, and our core team which has been working on this event, non-stop, for nearly a near. We are all equally disappointed, mad, sad and frustrated.
When we booked this lineup 8 months ago, we dreamed of how the music would come out, the special sit-ins, the flow under the mountains. What kind of weather would Mother Nature bring? Who would we meet, reconnect with, laugh and love with? While these disappointments will need time to dissolve, and the work to postpone begins… we have great news.
We especially want to let our community of artists know that we will be here for them during these challenging times. Many of these dedicated musicians live gig to gig, on the road, pouring their souls into the show for us all to reap the rewards of. It’s going to be extra difficult for them, so while we may be upset about this inconvenience, let’s evoke our gratitude and find ways to spread the WinterWonderGrass love.
On to the good news!
As a testament to the strength of the WWG community and our relationships with the musicians, we are happy to confirm that the 2020 Tahoe lineup will fully return next April 9-11, 2021. Billy Strings, The Devil Makes Three, The Infamous Stringdusters, Keller and The Keels, Peter Rowan, Lindsay Lou, Fruition and the rest of the family are all committed to bringing you their magic at the postponed event in 2021.
- At this point, all 2020 Tahoe festival tickets including 3-day GA, VIP, and single-day tickets, will roll over to April 9-11, 2021
- Grass After Dark tickets will be refunded
- Tram to Table dinner tickets will be refunded
- Ski Passes – Great news, if you purchased lift tickets as part of the event package, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows will let you keep your 2020 tickets good for3 days of skiing over the original weekend, March 27-29, 2020, and give you a 2021 3-day pass valid for the rescheduled April 2021 festival dates. Essentially six days for the price of one window price lift ticket.
- WinterWonderBus passes will be refunded
- If you would like your 2020 EcoVessel WinterWonderGrass Tahoe Stainless Steel mug, please email us with your address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information to ask questions directly, please send us an email – email@example.com
We kindly ask to keep all messages positive and to have patience while we work through this unprecedented situation.
Scotty and the WWG Family"
2020 WinterWonderGrass Tahoe Tickets
General Admission Tickets
- 3 days of music on 4 stages (3 heated beer halls / 1 outside)
- Over 25 bands and artists
- 3 hours per day of local craft brew and cider sampling (must be 21+)
- 3 hours per day of tea sampling
- A commemorative WWG festival cup
- Free onsite water station
- Does not include Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows ski/ride lift passes
- WinterWonderGrass is rain, snow or shine! No refunds will be issued.
VIP Tickets - SOLD OUT
All the benefits of a regular ticket with a bit more comfort. This is where we send Mom and Dad! Tickets include:
- Nightly feast of locally inspired cuisine
- Beer & cider sampling 2-5 pm daily
- Complimentary Guayaki Yerba Mate Tea, Switchel and other n/a beverages
- Heated restrooms
- Complimentary beer & cider 2-5 pm daily (sample, then grab a free pour until 5 pm)
- Side stage viewing with fire pits and heat lamps
- Heated VIP tent decorated with reclaimed barn wood
- Custom cocktail saloon (paid bar)
- Commemorative laminate
- All the benefits of a GA ticket
Single Day Tickets
- 10+ Bands on 4 stages (three indoor heated stages, one outdoor)
- 1 day of music (late nights not included)
- Free Thursday, March 26th show in Squaw Village
- 3 hours per day of local craft brew and cider sampling – 2-5 pm daily (must be 21+)
- Custom WWG festival mug
- Onsite water stations
- Heated kids zone 2-9 pm daily
- $1 towards local non-profits (you pick at check out)
- A kind, compassionate and sustainable gathering
Grass After Dark Tickets
- Pickin’ on the Dead (Plaza Bar)
- Fruition and Brothers Comatose (OVL)
- Twisted Pine and Buffalo Commons (Moe's Tahoe City)
- Trout Steak Revival (Alibi Truckee)
- The Larry Keel Experience and Pixie and the Partygrass Boys (Alibi Truckee)
- The Infamous Stringdusters and Della Mae (OVL)
- Grant Farm and Midnight North (Moe's Tahoe City)
- The Lil Smokies (Plaza Bar)
- The WinterWonderGrass All-Stars with The Kitchen Dwellers (OVL)
Lift Ticket Add-Ons
- Enjoy three days at Squaw Alpine
- Valid from March 26 until the end of the season
- Valid only with the purchase of a WinterWonderGrass 3-day GA or VIP ticket
- Non-transferable. Non-refundable.
Tram to Table Dinner
Join us for an intimate farm to table dinner at High Camp showcasing locally sourced food, complimentary tasting hour of beer, cider, wine, and whiskey. All complemented by live music from WWG artists. March 26, 2020.
Available Lodging for WinterWonderGrass Tahoe
The Village at Squaw Valley
Stay slopeside in a condominium style suite in the heart of the action. Most rooms have a fireplace, kitchen and a balcony.
Red Wolf Lodge
Located at the base of Squaw Valley, Red Wolf Lodge offers ski-in/ski-out access and is within walking distance of the The Village at Squaw Valley.
Resort at Squaw Creek
With ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley, the Resort at Squaw Creek’s 405 luxurious rooms, suites, and penthouses all have panoramic mountain views. The resort has multiple restaurants and bars, an on-site ski rental and pro shop, and an award-winning spa.
Squaw Valley Lodge
Squaw Valley Lodge offers Ski-in/Ski-out convenience and spacious, well-appointed condominium suites.
The WinterWonderBus - back by popular demand!
For a small fee, you can ride the bus all three days and conserve! We are concerned about both your safety and the environment. With limited on-site parking and no community late-night shuttles, we are happy to bring back the WinterWonderBus. The goal is to provide a safe option to and from the venue, Tahoe City and Truckee
- Inbound from the Truckee Depot or Tahoe City Transit Center: 1:30pm | 2:30pm | 3:30pm | 4:30pm | 5:30pm*
- Outbound from the Clock Tower at Squaw Valley: 9pm | 9:30pm | 10pm | 10:30pm | 11pm | 11:30pm | 12am | 12:30am | 1:30am to Tahoe City and Truckee*
*Additional stops will be arranged to partner hotels.
Based on passes sold, we will arrange multiple 45 passenger buses leaving on the 1/2 hour and running until 1:30am, one dedicated to Tahoe City and one dedicated to Truckee.
Share your favorite moments from WinterWonderGrass Tahoe with us!