S.A.F.E. A.S. Clinics is a one-day avalanche awareness and safety clinic that is beginner to experienced friendly. Founded by Elyse Saugstad, Jackie Paaso, Michelle Parker, Ingrid Backstrom, Lel Tone and Sherry McConkey with the intention to foster an open, welcoming and enthusiastic environment by which to encourage participation and communication to play in the mountains during the winter safely. Partial proceeds from the events are donated to snow community non-profits such as the Sierra Avalanche Center and the High Fives Foundation.
Participants must be ages 14 and older who are interested in starting or refreshing their knowledge of snow and avalanche safety in and out of bounds, and who enjoy a good time for a good cause. Participants are asked to provide their own avalanche beacon, shovel, probe, and backpack.
- Saturday, December 8th is for women only
- Sunday, December 9th is co-ed
- Clinic is all day from 7am to 6pm
- $140 per person, which includes yoga, classroom and small group on-snow instruction, lunch, lift ticket(if needed) and a raffle with a ton of awesome gear at the after party
- $110 Student Rate for those that can provide a current transcript or student ID. Please scan either your transcript or student ID to email@example.com to have your discount approved. Offer valid to high school and college students.
View more about December 8th clinic.
View more about the December 9th clinic