The most successful retro skiing fundraiser benefiting athletes with life-altering injuries. On Sunday, March 31, 2019 Tahoe's own lifestyle brand, Arcade Belt Co., will host the 5th Annual Mothership Classic on Squaw's infamous chairlift, KT22, also known as “The Mothership”. The concept of the “First to Last Chair Fundraiser,” is like a skier/boarder version of a Relay for Life. Participants spend the day lapping KT22 as many times as possible with friends, all wearing throw back gear including, one-piece snow suits, old goggles and straight skis/boards. Prior to the event, all participants reach out amongst their own network for pledges and donations.
Mothership Classic Details
- Skiers & riders will lap KT-22 aka the Mothership as many times as they can from 9am-4pm
- Participants will obtain per-lap sponsorship and everyone is encouraged to embrace their own form of classic inspiration for the event.
- Dressing up is strongly encouraged!
- Cost: free to participate. Fundraising prior to event is highly encouraged
- Awards are given out for a variety of categories including most laps, most money raised, best costume, and raddest goggles, etc
- All funds raised go directly to the healing efforts of athletes that have suffered life-altering injuries via The High Fives Foundation
|Load KT-22||9am||KT-22 Chairlift|
|Last chair load||4pm||KT-22 Chairlift|
|Awards||4:30pm||Bar One Deck|
More info at www.mothershipclassic.com.