Squaw Valley has access to some of the best trail biking in Lake Tahoe. Start your leisurely journey in Squaw Valley and ride along the Truckee River all the way down to the sparkling blue waters of Lake Tahoe for a perfect summer vacation activity. Safely separated from Route 89, the trail provides an incredibly scenic way to tour the Tahoe area.
Bike Rentals at Parallel Mountain Sports in the Village at Squaw Valley located next to the Aerial Tram building.
- The minimum age for renting a bike is 18 years old
- People under 18 must be accompanied by an adult who can assume all responsibilities
- We require a photo ID and a credit card deposit for each rental
|1 Hour||4 Hour||All Day*|
|Adult Comfort Cruiser||$19||$29||$39|
|Overnight or Post-Closure Bikes||-||-||$39|
*All day rental is from open to close
Bike Rental Return
- Bicycle rentals are due back on the date/time agreed upon by Squaw Valley and the renter.
- Delays will be subject to additional charges.
Biking On Mountain
Squaw Valley does allow biking on the mountain within designated areas. Biking on mountain is not lift accessed. Designated trails include:
- Thunder Mountain Trail
- Trollstigen Trail
- Western States Trail (access via World Cup Trail)
- Siberia Basin Trail
New! E-Mountain Bike Tours
This fun, 2.5 hour guided tour features mountain vistas, wildflowers, and views of Lake Tahoe! Tours are available to intermediate-level and above bike riders who are at least 13 years of age.
- Mountain Bike Tours meet at the top of the Aerial Tram
- Purchase at the Aerial Tram Ticket Office or at the top of the Aerial Tram at High Camp. Call (800) 403-0206 for additional information.
- Tours are 2.5 hours, starting at 10:30am and 2pm
- Tour distance ranges from 1.2 miles to 6.5 miles, depending on the desires and abilities of the group
- Tour includes rental of Small, Medium, or Large bike
- Tour group sizes are limited to 10 per tour
- Helmets and biking gloves are provided
|Tour Type||Rate Per Person||Description|
|2.5 hour tour and Aerial Tram access||$158||Intermediate-level riders & above. Must be at least 13 years of age. Based on bike size and availability.|
|2.5 hour tour without Aerial Tram access||$109||Intermediate-level riders & above. Must be at least 13 years of age. Based on bike size and availability.|
|2.5 hour tour with personal e-bike||$69||Guest may bring their own Class 1, pedal-assist e-Mountain Bike if they are participating in the tour. Includes tram price.|