Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) is comin' in hot for the 15th Annual Skate the Lake, a 28-mile skate-bike-roll marathon that promotes an active lifestyle while raising funds for B4BC's education, prevention and survivorship programs. Join us for a community gathering kick-off party at Commons Beach on Friday, August 16, and then skate, bike, blade, or rollerskate with B4BC on August 17th!
Squaw Valley Drop In
28 miles may be a little much for some participants, so B4BC will once again add a drop in point right here at Squaw Valley. This drop will be a mellow 7-mile push to the finish line at Commons Beach.
Registration Kick-Off Party
Please join B4BC athelets, friends, and staff as we celebrate the Tahoe community and those dedicated to skating for the cause! Highlights include:
- Friday, August 16, 2-8pm | Commons Beach, Tahoe City, CA
- Live music by local musians and special guest DJs
- Raffles, Silent Auction, and Live Art
- Yoga session and SUP Yoga (Paddle Boards courtsey of Tahoe City Kayaks) by Mountain Lotus Yoga
- Beer Garden and Good Eats
Skate The Lake
- Saturday, August 17
- Meet 7:30am sharp at 64 Acres in Tahoe City for transport to start line
- 8:30am-12pm Skate | Bike | Roll along a portion of Lake Tahoe - 3 hydration stations throughout the course
- 12pm Squaw Valley Drop in. Participants must be pre-registered to skate. Mellow 7 mile stretch!
- 2-4pm Finish line and award ceremony at Commons Beach