Become AIARE Level 1 Certified
Students can expect to develop a good foundation on how to prepare for and carry out a backcountry trip, to understand basic decision making while in the field and to learn avalanche rescue techniques.
This is a comprehensive entry level avalanche course designed for those with basic ski & snowboard touring experience. There are no other prequisites. The price includes all necessary classroom supplies and the AIARE field book. These items are often not inlcuded in the course price, but we don't like any hidden costs.
At the end of the AIARE 1 course the student should be able to:
- Plan and prepare for travel in avalanche terrain
- Recognize avalanche terrain
- Describe a basic framework for making decisions in avalanche terrain
- Learn and apply effective companion rescue
- Instructional sessions (24 hours inlcuding both class and field instruciton)
|Non-Holiday||$475||December 14-16, December 21-23, 2018; January 7-9, January 11-13, January 25-27, February 1-3, February 8-10, March 18-20, April 5-7,2019||13+|
|Holiday||$545||January 19-21, February 16-18, 2019||13+|