The Squaw Valley Mountain Run has been Canceled
For the past 39 years, hundreds of runners and hikers have made the annual pilgrimage to the top of Squaw Valley for this unique running event with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the High Sierra. Starting at the base of Squaw Valley (6200'), the course climbs 3.6 miles up Mountain Run to High Camp (8200') where awards, raffle, music, refreshments, and beer from Fiftyfifty Brewery (must have ID) in Truckee are provided. Participants can choose to RUN or take a more leisurely pace and HIKE, or NORDIC WALK (hike with poles).
This is a cup-less race - please bring your own water bottle or cup for the aid stations. You can purchase a Hydrapak Ultraflask for $10 at the race or when you register.
|Before July 4||July 5-23||July 24||Day of Race|
|Junior (under 20)||$25||$30||$35||$50|
All Entries Include:
- Runners get transport of spare clothes up to High Camp (bring a labeled compact bag for your gear)
- 2 aid stations on the course (first one with just water, second with water and energy supplies to fuel you for the last push to the finish)
- Custom prize for the top 3 men and top three women overall
- Awards for the uphill competitors - top 3 places in 10 year age categories
- Flower Walk participants get an Aerial Tram ride to High Camp and a guided walk with Tahoe Institute for Natural Science
- All participants are entered into the raffle for some great prizes from our sponsors
- All participants receive a souvenir beer glass at the finish line
- Live music, refreshments, and beer (must have ID) at High Camp
- Flag at the awards to honor those who are battling cancer, have lost their lives to cancer, or have beat cancer
- Free Aerial Tram ride back down
- Souvenir shirts and visors available for purchase on a first-come basis
- Hydrapak UltraFlasks available for purchase
Let the Aerial Tram ride do the 2,000-foot elevation gain & join Tahoe Institute for Natural Science's Michelle Witte for the beautiful FLOWER WALK on easy rolling terrain. More Flower Walk details here.
Please join us at the top of the course for festivities and to support the Cancer Center and Auburn Ski Club. With the purchase of an event ticket, you can ride the 9am or 9:20am Tram. At the top, you get a commemorative pint glass, entered in the raffle, beer (must have ID), food, live music, and the opportunity to cheer on your friends and family! There will be no discounted tram tickets this year for event spectators. You must join the event and you can get a ride to the top. If you want to ride a later tram you can purchase a tram ticket from Squaw and ride up later. By participating in the event you support the cause and get to join in all the fun!
Volunteer & Get a Free Tram Ride
We need help at registration, feed stations, and High Camp.
Help Fight Cancer
For many, the event has become a way to celebrate life following personal struggles with cancer or in memory of a loved one who may have been less fortunate. Twenty percent of funds raised from the Squaw Mountain Run are donated to The Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation to fund programs and services for cancer patients at the Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center. In the last six years since Auburn Ski Club took over the event, they have raised over $25,000 to support these efforts.