Due to wintry weather in the forecast for Saturday, April 28, The 28th Cushing Crossing is now scheduled for May 5
About Cushing Crossing
The 28th Annual Cushing Crossing is the best event of the spring season. The original pond skimming event that started a spring resort ritual. Every year we gather a celebrity judging panel and amazing emcee's for this spectacle. Filled with big spills and laughable thrills this is one spring event that you don't want to miss. Event kicks off at 1pm and awards follow at the pond.
Event Details & Registration
- Registration: Limited to first 50 participants in line. Registration and line details will be present prior to official registration at 8am at KT Base Bar. $20/person, cash only.
- Participants must be 18+. Helmets and personal flotation device is mandatory.
- Awards: Immediately following the Cushing Crossing and held at the pond
- Live Streaming the Cushing Crossing: Can't make the event this year? We've got you covered. We'll be live streaming the whole event on Facebook AND we will be giving away prizes from Oakley and Yeti to live stream viewers. Tune it to catch all of the live action kicking off at 1pm PST.
Categories and Prizes
- Overall: 2018-19 Ikon Base Pass, GoPro Hero 6, Oakley Glasses, YETI Hopper Flip 8 cooler, $500 cash
- Men's Ski: GoPro Hero 6, Oakley Glasses, YETI Hopper Flip 8 cooler, $100
- Women's Ski: GoPro Hero 6, Oakley Glasses, YETI Hopper Flip 8 cooler, $100
- Men's Snowboard: GoPro Hero 6, Oakley Glasses, YETI Hopper Flip 8 cooler, $100
- Women's Snowboard: GoPro Hero 6, Oakley Glasses, YETI Hopper Flip 8 cooler, $100
- Unlimited (any apparatus that isn't a straight forward pair of skis or snowboard, ex: two snowboards, two competitors on one pair of skis): GoPro Hero 6, Oakley Glasses, YETI Hopper Flip 8 cooler, $100
- Total of 25 available points for creativity and style
- Total of 25 points for a successful crossing
Note: The winner of the overall will also be the winner of their given category. The 2nd place winner of that category will receive the 1st prize purse. If there is a tie for 2nd place the cash will be divided up between the persons who are tied. Rock, paper, scissors (2 of 3) will decide the winner of the GoPro and Oakley Goggles. The winner will choose either the GoPro or Goggles and the loser will take what the winner does not.
- Travis Ganong - US Ski Team member, Olympian, and Squaw Valley team athlete.
- JD Hoss - Owner of 101.5 Truckee-Tahoe Radio and the 2013 Cushing Crossing Champion.
- Connery Lundin - Self-proclaimed rock star pro skier from Squaw Valley. He likes playing with cats, hucking backflips, and he's extremely single.
- Sherry McConkey - Hailing from south africa, Sherry is a lover of the outdoors, yoga fanatic, and Founder and Director of the Shane McConkey Foundation.
- JT Holmes - Resident Ski BASE Jumper and crazy guy.
- Please remember that this is a family friendly event. If you wouldn't do it in front of your grandmother, don't do it here. To be specific, no nudity, no sexual apparatus, no alcohol or drugs
- Snow sliding apparatus must be of a winter sports origin
- Participant must have the ability to control their apparatus
- Multiple competitors must be attached to the same apparatus
- All competitors must wear a life jacket
- All competitors must wear a helmet
- Squaw Valley retains the right to disallow any competitor or apparatus
- Tie breaker for the overall winner be decided by a second run ski off. The overall winner has the highest points on both the 1st and 2nd run
- Competitors must be 18 years of age
- You are responsible for your actions. Don't ruin this for everyone else