Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC
“2018-19 Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows® Chair to Chopper Challenge”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR. The “2018-19 Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows® Chair to Chopper Challenge” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC (“Sponsor”) and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC, 1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146; ph. 1-800-403-0206.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to eligible entrants who, as of the entry date, are: permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Rhode Island, New York and Florida) and Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older and who have reached the age of majority in the province or state in which they reside. The Contest is void outside of eligible territories (including in Rhode Island, New York, Florida, Quebec). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and all of their respective parents, affiliates (including, without limitation, division), subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (including, without limitation, Alterra Mountain Company), and immediate family members (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer or director, are not eligible to enter. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
3. TIMING. The Contest entry period begins at 9am Pacific Time (“PT”) on Friday, November 16, 2018 and ends at 4:00 p.m. PT on May 31, 2019 or the date of the last day of the Squaw® | Alpine® 2018-2019 winter season, whichever occurs first (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest. Entries received other than during the Entry Period, and duplicate entries, will be determined ineligible and will be discarded.
4. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest:
a. TO ENTER VIA SQUAW VALLEY® | ALPINE MEADOWS® APP: You must download the Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows® App (the “App”) from the iTunes store or Google Play store and track your ski/snowboard performance each time you visit Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows® to gain and track vertical feet skied/snowboarded. Ski/snowboard activity must take place at Squaw Valley ® | Alpine Meadows® during the Entry Period and performance tracking must be enabled in the App. Once you have achieved and tracked 100,000 vertical feet skied/snowboarded in the App, you will automatically receive one (1) entry in the Contest. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person (regardless of method of entry or any amount of vertical feet skied/snowboarded after entry) in the Contest. You must complete all required information on the App log in page to be eligible to enter to win the prize.
b. TO ENTER VIA MAIL-IN ENTRY: During the Entry Period, on a postcard (no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches and no larger than 4 ¼ x 6 inches), handwrite your complete name, mailing address, phone number and age and mail with property and sufficient postage to: 2018-19 Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows® Chair to Chopper Challenge , c/o PO Box 2007/1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 Attn: Marketing Dept. All mail-in entries must be original (no photocopies or other reproductions) and must be received during the Entry Period. All postcards must be mailed individually.
C. FOR ALL ENTRIES: All entries must be received by Sponsor or its designee during the Entry Period. Any attempt by any participant to obtain additional entries beyond the limit by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to an entrant’s entry, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, but only if that person is otherwise eligible to enter the Contest. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the winning entrant may be deemed ineligible. All ski/snowboard performance and entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of the prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner.
5. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winner, and the awarding of the prize), which are final and binding in all respects. Entrants and winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and participation and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
6. PRIZE DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION.
a. PRIZE DRAWING: There will be one (1) prize drawing in the Contest (the “Drawing”). All eligible entries in the Contest received by Sponsor or its designee during the Entry Period will constitute the pool of entries for the prize Drawing. The prize Drawing will occur on or about forty-eight (48) hours after either May 30, 2019 or the date of the last day of the Squaw Valley ® | Alpine Meadows® 2018-19 winter season, whichever occurs first, and the potential winner will be announced at approximately the same time.
b. PRIZE DRAWING; ODDS: Sponsor or its designee will randomly select one (1) potential prize winner by using the software designed for this purpose on the Sponsor’s computer. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in the Contest. A selected entrant must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
c. NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email. The potential winner selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (a “Declaration and Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. The Declaration and Release must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time indicated within the Declaration and Release. If a potential winner is a resident of Canada, he/she will also first be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind whatsoever mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question in no more than five (5) minutes, the test to be administered by telephone, in order to be eligible to win the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seventy-two (72) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if a potential winner who is a Canadian resident fails to correctly answer the skill testing question in the manner prescribed, or if a potential winner fails to return the Declaration and Release with the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or if a potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected by Sponsor in the Contest. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner will be notified as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Sponsor as described above; provided, however, Sponsor may alter the above timing to meet its Contest schedule.
7. PRIZE. Subject to the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, one (1) prize will be awarded in the Contest. The prize consists of winner’s choice subject to availability, of either: (a) a four (4)-day CMH Heli-skiing “Signature” Trip for one (1) at Canadian Mountain Holidays with 17,500 vertical metres (57,000 ft.) of skiing, or (b) a five (5)-day CMH Heli-skiing “Signature” Trip for one (1) at Canadian Mountain Holidays with 21,780 vertical metres (71,000 ft.) of skiing. AIRFARE, EXTRA VERTICAL SKIED, AND REFUND IN CASE OF UNMET VERTICAL FEET QUOTE ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE. Prize includes accommodations, meals, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, services of CMH fully-certified guides, training in and use of custom Heli-Skis and avalanche transceivers, use of ski poles/radio/shovel/probe/guest pack, and return motor coach transportation from any Sponsor-approved airport (YYC, YLW or YKA), (except if skiing at CMH Kootenay, transportation to Nakusp, B.C. shall be the responsibility of the prize winner). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $9605.00 CAD. Revelstoke, Small Group, Specialty, and Private/Exclusive Heli-skiing trips are excluded from this prize.
The prize is subject to the following additional requirements and restrictions:
Actual ARV depends on rates at the time of booking; if actual ARV is less than the stated ARV in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash or other consideration. All prize activities must be taken and completed during the 2019/2020 CMH Heli-Ski season. Trip must be booked by August 1st, 2019 and completed by the end of the 2019/20 winter season as determined by CMH and is subject to availability and blackout dates. Blackout dates for the 2019/2020 CMH Heli Ski season shall be defined as January 1, 2020 – March 14, 2020. Winner will be notified of how to redeem prize and will be responsible for booking airfare and accommodations prior to and following the trip. Arrangements are all subject to space availability. Once confirmed, accommodation arrangements cannot be changed. The winner will be responsible for all costs, expenses and incidentals that are not specifically stated as being included in the prize, including but not limited to, airfare, accommodations before and following the trip, additional lodging, personal items, food, alcohol purchases, equipment rentals, lodge/hotel amenities (unless expressly stated as part of the prize), extra skiing meters, massages, CMH shop purchases, gratuities, taxes and assessments, insurance, surcharges and other expenses incurred by accepting and using the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner must execute and deliver to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release in the form(s) provided by Sponsor by the date indicated for return on the document(s) prior to travel booking and travel documents being issued as a condition to booking or use of any component of the prize. The winner is responsible for ensuring that he/she has any and all required travel documentation and identification, including passports and visas as applicable, and to ensure that such travel documentation or identification is valid prior to and for the entire duration of travel, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. It is recommended that the winner obtain sufficient personal travel insurance prior to departure. If the winner decides not to travel, or if a trip of lesser value is booked, no credit or reimbursement will be awarded. Prize is valued for a new booking only and cannot be used as payment for a pre-existing booking. Guaranteed vertical of the trip cannot be counted towards a Million Foot milestone. Any vertical purchased above the guarantee may be credited towards a Million Foot milestone. Sponsor will not replace lost or stolen travel documents. If the winner is not able to book the trip by August 1st, 2019 and complete it by the end of the 2019/20 winter season as determined by CMH, the prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize will be awarded.
Prize is nontransferable, nonassignable, nonnegotiable, and not redeemable for cash or credit, except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules. Prize must be accepted as awarded. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, condition, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WINNER ASSUMES ANY AND ALL RISK OF USING THE PRIZE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR DEATH. No prize substitutions, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right (but has no obligation) to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value (including cash) if the prize (or a component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Unused components of the prize shall be forfeited and have no redeemable cash value. Winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with prize award, redemption, receipt and use not specified in the prize description above, including, without limitation, all international, federal, state and local taxes on the prize. If applicable, winner who is a United States resident will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the actual retail value of the Prize. Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem the prize. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing and any other condition of this Contest may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, in which case, no consideration will be awarded.
8. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, attribution, notice, review or consent.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to require entrants to complete, execute and deliver to Sponsor additional documents at any time as required, in the forms provided, and within the timeframe required by Sponsor, or the entrant and participants may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award the prize at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
10. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s websites by a hypertext link.
12. DISPUTES. Each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in federal courts located in the Central District of California or state courts located in Fresno County, California; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of California for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; provided, however, that any and all disputes claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prize, or the use thereof, shall be resolved solely and exclusively in the Province of British Columbia and entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the Province of British Columbia for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California (except with respect to the prize, which shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia), without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of California, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
14. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at the Contest website located at www.squawalpine.com/chair-to-chopper-challenge-official-rules or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “2018-19 Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows® Chair to Chopper Challenge” – Rules Request,” c/o PO Box 2007/1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 Attn: Marketing Dept. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
15. WINNER’S LIST. To request a list of the Contest winner, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “2018-19 Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows® Chair to Chopper Challenge” - Winners List Request,” c/o PO Box 2007/1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 Attn: Marketing Dept. Requests must be received by sixty (60) days after the date of the Drawing.