Ski 100,000 vertical feet & be entered to win a Heli-Skiing trip with CMH!
Bragging rights among friends are great but a heli-skiing adventure is even greater! Want to win the trip of a lifetime? Use the SquawAlpine app to track the total vertical feet that you ski. When you hit 100,000 feet, you'll be automatically entered in the Chair to Chopper Challenge. One lucky winner will win a 5-day CMH Heli-Skiing Signature Trip, valued at more than $7,000.
Chair To Chopper Challenge Details
- Download the Squaw Alpine App for iPhone or Android
- Start tracking your performance daily (and enable leaderboard permissions under Settings > Privacy) in the Squaw Alpine App every time you ski or snowboard during the 2019-20 season.
- Log at least 100,000 vertical feet to be entered into the contest. Any vertical feet logged in the 2019-20 season using the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows app will count toward the contest, even if it was skied prior to the contest announcement.
- There is one randomly selected Grand Prize Winner to be announced on the last day of the 2019-20 season.*
CMH Heli Skiing Signature Trip Details
- 4 or 5 day trip valid for ONE person
- Must be used during the 2020/21 winter season
- Blackout period is from Jan. 1 – Mar. 16, 2021. Prize cannot be redeemed during this time.
- Revelstoke, Small Group, Specialty, and Private/Exclusive trips are not included
- Total Maximum Value: $7,384 USD / $9,670 CAD**
This trip is offered for CMH's 2020/21 Heli-Ski season (as per the specifications noted above) and includes:
- 17,500 (57,000ft) vertical meters of skiing on the 4 day trip
- 21,780 (71,000 feet) vertical meters of skiing on the 5 day trip (there is a charge for extra meters per 1,000 vertical meters)
- Return motorcoach transportation from any CMH approved meeting point (YYC or YLW), except if skiing at CMH Kootenay where transportation to Nakusp, B.C. is the responsibility of the prize winner
- Accommodations, all meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Services of CMH's fully certified guides
- Training in and use of custom Heli-Skis and avalanche transceivers
- Use of ski poles/radio/shovel/probe/guest pack
About CMH Heli Skiing
CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures is the world's largest heli-skiing and heli-hiking company, with 12 luxury lodges, 472 inches of snow and 3 million acres of terrain. Over 50 years of experience has put CMH at the forefront of industry-leading snow safety and helicopter practices, with a 130 strong team of highly-qualified ACMG and IFMGA guides and dedicated helicopter pilots.
*Subject to change based upon weather & conditions.
**If a trip of lesser value is booked, no refund will be issued. This prize is valid for a new booking only and cannot be used as payment for an already existing booking. Please note that the guaranteed vertical of this trip cannot be counted towards any Million Foot Milestone. Any vertical purchased above the guarantee may be credited towards Million Foot Awards. If the guaranteed vertical is not reached, a refund will not apply. This prize is not redeemable for cash or credit.
Please note: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is not responsible for stats that do not track or track incorrectly on the SquawAlpine app.
Who is eligible to win this prize?
Individuals who are permanent U.S. residents (excluding Rhode Island, New York, and Florida) or permnanent Canadian residents (exlcuding Quebec) and who are over 18 years of age are eligible to win this prize.
When will I find out if I won?
The winner of this prize will be announced on May 31st, 2019, or on the official closing date set by Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows as determined by weather & conditions. Announcement date is subject to change.
If I ski 200,000 vertical feet, do I get a second entry?
Each individual will receive one (1) entry into the prize drawing the first time they hit 100,000 vertical feet as tracked by the SquawAlpine app. Each individual is only eligible for one (1) entry.
If I win, can I bring a friend?
This is a trip for one lucky winner only.
If I choose a trip that is less than $7,072 USD, can I get any kind of refund?
If a trip of lesser value is booked, no refund will be issued. This prize is valid for a new booking only and cannot be used as payment for an already existing booking. Please note that the guaranteed vertical of this trip cannot be counted towards any Million Foot Milestone. Any vertical purchased above the guarantee may be credited towards Million Foot Awards. If the guaranteed vertical is not reached, a refund will not apply. This prize is not redeemable for cash or credit.
I am unable to use this prize or I would like to give this prize to someone else. Can I do that?
This prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. If you are selected as a winner and anticipate having issues with this prize, please contact Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows.
My stats aren't tracking correctly. What can I do?
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Squaw Alpine app
- Location services needs to be turned on AND select “Always” while tracking at resort otherwise the app cannot track when app is in the background
- Make sure to click on “Start Tracking” button as the app will not track automatically
- Make sure when you “Start Tracking”, it’s showing the mountain that you are at. E.g. don’t start tracking on the Squaw map if you are at Alpine.
- Make sure that "Low Power Mode" or "Battery Saver Mode" is turned off
- For Android Users: To confirm that your app has the right tracking settings, make sure that you see your phone displaying the squaw icon on the title bar when the app is tracking in the background. If not, it’s not tracking.
- If none of the above items seem to solve the issue, send an email FROM THE APP by going to More>Settings>Email Us so that we can track down the error for you. Even if you notice the error days later, sending an email from within the app is best.
Where can I learn more about CMH Heli?
To learn more about CMH Heli, you can visit them online or in person at the CMH Lines of Sight Virtual Reality Tour when it stops at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows on March 29-31 and April 5-7. CMH Heli FAQs regarding the Signature Trip can be found at the bottom of this page.
Is Heli Skiing safe?
CMH takes safety very seriously and sets and industry standard with their professionalism and attention to detail. Learn more about their safety information here.
Does this trip include airfare and other travel expenses?
Airfare is not covered by this prize. Once you are on-site with CMH Heli, you will receive return motor coach transportation from any CMH approved meeting point,* accommodations, all meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, services of CMH's fully certified guides, training in and use of custom Heli-Skis and avalanche transceivers and use of ski poles, a radio, a shovel, a probe, and a guest pack.
* YYC, YLW or YKA, except if skiing at CMH Kootenay where transportation to Nakusp, B.C. is the responsibility of the prize winner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC “2018-19 Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows® Chair to Chopper Challenge” is subject in all respects to the complete Official Rules available by visiting the contest webpage located at www.squawalpine.com/chair-chopper-challenge-official-rules or by sending a S.A.S.E. to “2018-19 Squaw Valley® | Alpine Meadows® Chair to Chopper Challenge – Rules Request,” c/o PO Box 2007/1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 Attn: Marketing Dept. (VT residents may omit return postage). Open only to entrants who, as of the entry date, are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Rhode Island, New York and Florida) and Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec) who are at least 18 years old. The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest entry period begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on 12/22/2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 5/31/19 or the date of the last day of the Squaw® | Alpine® 2018-2019 winter season, whichever occurs first. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person (regardless of method of entry) or address (physical or email). Entry methods, limits, restrictions and instructions, and prize information, requirements and restrictions are set forth in the Official Rules. Sponsor: Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC, PO Box 2007/1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.