Ski all terrain confidently in a supportive environment
Confidently explore all corners of Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows' legendary terrain with like-minded women.
Why you should take the Women of Winter 3 Day Camp
- 3 full days of skiing with like-minded women in a supportive and inspirational environment
- Our ripping female instructors will give you tactical tips to maximize your ski experience
- Explore the best terrain suited for current conditions
- Priority lift line access
- Lunch each day, boot fitting and ski selection guide, apres ski social events, video review and lesson summaries
What you'll learn
- Develop skills and technique designed for women to enhance all mountain skiing
- Gain the confidence, understanding of skiing, and skills to explore our legendary terrain
Women of Winter Camp is sold out. To be added to the waitlist, please call 1-800-403-0206
|Camp Dates*||Camp Only Rate*||Camp + Lift Tickets Rate|
|Women of Winter 3 Day Camp||January 28-30, 2018 / 9am-4pm||$629||$805|
*Women of Winter Camp is currently sold out. To be added to the waitlist, please call 1-800-403-0206
- January 28-30, 2018. Skiing from 9am-4 pm with apres events from 4:30-6:00 pm
- Camp welcome & orientation on Saturday, January 27 from 5-7pm
- Lunch is included each day of the camp
Après Ski Events Include
- Après ski social
- Yoga session at Wanderlust Studio focusing on body awareness, mobility and movements that complement the skiing technique we practice on the hill
Women of Winter Camp Schedule
|Welcome Orientation||5-7pm||Alpenglow Conference Room|
|All day ski session and catered lunch||8:30am-4pm||Load on Funitel (conditions permitting)|
|Apres ski yoga||4:30-6pm||Wanderlust Yoga Studio|
|All day ski session and catered lunch||9am-4pm||TBD|
|Apres ski event||4:30-6pm||Gallery Keoki|
|All day ski session and catered lunch||9am-4pm||TBD|
Do I need to attend? What is discussed?
We strongly encourage everyone to attend the orientation, since we discuss any schedule changes and help you determine your skiing group. This is also a chance to meet your pro and other potential group members as well as meet all the other women.
I can only attend for two days. Can I get a pro-rated price?
No, however you arrange a customized WOW as noted in the “Groups” questions below.
How do you form groups?
We use your profile form to help split you into your respective groups at orientation. Groups are then sub-divided based on aggressiveness, confidence, and goal preferences.
What is the age requirement for the 3-day camp?
Participants must be at least 13 years old.
Will we ski at both Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows?
The camp is planned for skiing at Squaw Valley on Sunday and Tuesday and at Alpine on Monday.
Can I ski with my group of friends?
Yes, BUT you will all be put in a group that matches the least experienced skier.
If the dates don’t work for me or I want to ski with my own group of friends, can I have customized WOW?
Yes, we can arrange a 3 day WOW with a minimum of four guests per group. Lunch and après events will not be provided.
What if I’m late to meet my group?
Out of respect to the other participants who are on time, you may not be able to reconnect with your group until lunch.
What kind of traffic should I expect?
Very heavy on Sunday morning only. Leave Truckee or Tahoe City no later than 7:15 am.
Do you offer gluten free or vegetarian meals?
We usually have a vegetarian option but cannot accommodate all dietary needs. You are welcome to bring your own lunch if you have strict limitations on your food choices.
Where are the après events held?
All the après events are held at the base of Squaw from 4:30-6pm.
Can I bring a guest?
No, après events are for WOW guests only.
Are there spa services available during the three day WOW camp?
Yes, at Trilogy Spa in the Squaw Valley Village.
Will we ski when it is snowing or raining?
If the lifts are spinning, we will be skiing.
Can I rent equipment?
Yes, at the Squaw rental shop at the base of Squaw. You will not have time to do this Sunday morning, so be prepared to rent equipment before orientation on Saturday afternoon.
Can I demo skis?
Yes. If you want to demo skis we offer a 50% discount during the WOW program.
When can I pick up my demo skis?
Possibly, but not guaranteed, after 4pm on Saturday depending on inventory. You will not have time to do this Sunday morning but can visit the demo shop during Sunday lunch hours.
Do I need a helmet?
Yes, we strongly recommend you wear a helmet.
What skis should I use?
This depends on snow conditions. Please refer to our Ski Supplement Guidebook developed especially for our WOW guests.
Are there day lockers?
Yes, at Squaw there are day lockers by Dave’s Deli at the base of the mountain. Overnight lockers are also available at the Tram Building.
My instructor was great and I would like to show my appreciation! Is it appropriate to tip my instructor?
Gratuities are not expected but are always appreciated.
What should I bring?
- Sunscreen above SPF 15
- Water bottle
- Appropriate layered clothing to be outdoors for several hours
- Waterproof gloves or mittens. If it is snowing consider bringing a second pair
- Goggles are strongly recommended
- A snack in your pocket for eating on the chairlift
We recommend staying at the base of Squaw Valley for close proximity to the slopes, shuttles and après!
WOW Discount at The Village at Squaw Valley
Stay slopeside in the heart of winter fun! Women of Winter participants can take advantage of a special discounted rate on One Bedroom Suites in The Village at Squaw Valley:
- Saturday night: $359 plus $25 Resort Charge, 10% occupancy tax and a 2% village assessment fee per night
- Sunday-Tuesday nights: $239 plus $25 Resort Charge, 10% occupancy tax and a 2% village assessment fee per night
- One bedroom suites contain a King Bed and Queen-size sleeper sofa
In order to receive your discounted rate, you will need to call our reservations line at 888-767-1907 and ask to book with the Women of Winter 2018. These rooms and rates are available on a space available basis only.
Other lodging options at the base of Squaw Valley are: