BUILD SKILLS, GAIN CONFIDENCE AND HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FAMILY IN A PRIVATE LESSON
Benefits of taking a family private lesson
- Customized lesson that is suited to your family's ability level. Your lesson is designed to maximize and get the most out of your day. Please note our instructors are obligated to cater to the lowest skill level member of the family.
- The whole family will enjoy the natural setting of our beautiful mountains and other resort amenities under the facilitation of a professional instructor.
- It's more than "school". We provide thrill, adventure and excitement in a fun supportive environment while keeping in mind the needs and goals of each family member.
- The family private lesson accommodates up to 4 people. Family Private lessons will go at the pace of the youngest member and/or lowest ability level of the family. This private is for parents and kids who want to learn together.
- Priority lift line access
- 20% off demo skis and snowboards
What you'll learn
- Confidently ski/ride new terrain at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows.
- Exactly what you want - our instructors are committed to you reaching personal goals.
|Lesson Times||Advance Rate*||Regular Rate|
|Half Day||Any 3 hours between 8am-2pm (meet 15 minutes prior to start time)||$337.30||$405.30|
|Full Day||8am-2pm (meet at 7:45am)||$531.30||$335.30|
CALL 800-403-0206 TO BOOK
*Save up to $28 when you book 2 days in advance of your private lesson start date
- Private lesson rates do not include lift ticket or rentals
- Up to 4 people may be included in a private family lesson for no additional cost
Rentals & Lift Tickets
Equipment rental and lift ticket packages are available for private lesson guests. Please call 530-452-4349 to purchase rentals and lift tickets for your private lesson at least 2 days in advance.
All cancellations must be submitted via our Ski School Cancellation Form. Lessons cancelled or rebooked after 1pm the day prior will incur a $20 cancellation fee for group lessons and a $45 cancellation fee for private lessons. Same day/or no show cancellations are subject to the full charge of the lesson. For same day cancellations, if you decide to re-schedule for another day a $20 administrative fee will be incurred for group lessons and a $45 administrative fee will be incurred for private lessons.
- To rebook this lesson please call 530-452-4349
- Please allow 7-10 business days for refunds to post
|Lesson||Lesson Time||Meeting Time|
|Half Day Lesson||Any 3 hours between 8am-2pm||15 minutes prior to start|
|Full Day Lesson||8am-2pm||7:45am|
- Squaw Valley: Main Rental Shop in The Village
- Alpine Meadows: Private Lesson Meeting Area located above the Kid’s Magic Carpet
Arrival & Parking
- Directions: Drive up Squaw Valley Road, take a left onto Village East Road. You may park in the Squaw Kids Reserved Parking area, located in the main parking lot. See map below.
- Squaw Kids Reserved Parking: Reserve your lesson in advance and you'll receive complimentary parking in our Squaw Kids Reserved Parking area on weekends & holidays.
Please note: The Squaw Kids building entrance is pedestrian friendly by restricting vehicle access to only those who need accessible access. There is no drop-off area directly in front of Squaw Kids. Our Squaw Kids Reserved Parking Area will be open from 7:30-10am every weekend and holidays. Squaw Kids Reserved Parking is complimentary for Squaw Kids guests with advanced reservations. Present a Squaw Kids enrollment confirmation to the parking attendant.
Squaw Kids & Meeting Location Map
Alpine Kids Meeting Location & Map
- Alpine Kids is located on the lower level of the Base Lodge
- You are welcome to park temporarily in the drop-off area just below the Alpine base lodge while checking into Alpine Kids Ski & Snowboard School.
Find the instructor that best fits your needs!
Can I reserve my private lesson ahead of time?
Absolutely. Advanced reservation of our full-day and half-day private lessons allows us to connect you to the best instructor/start time to meet your needs. Private lessons requests can be made over the phone at 800-403-0206, or online.
How many people can take a private lesson at once?
All of our private lessons accommodate up to 4 people at no extra charge, however to give you the best experience we suggest that all persons attending the lesson are of matching abilities. Private lesson groups larger than 4 guests are required to hire an additional instructor.
Can I break up a private lesson between people?
Yes. Your time with your private lesson instructor can be divided any way you like keeping in mind that minors must always be attended by an adult. For example: if you purchase a full day private, your instructor can spend half the day with you and half the day with a friend or another family member as long as the children have supervision.
Can a private lesson instructor teach any ability level?
Yes, however, if there are multiple people skiing/riding together in one lesson the instructor will choose the terrain that is best suited to needs of the least experienced guest. When booking your private lesson the more you can tell us about what you want to do the better we will be able to pair you with the best instructor
Can both snowboarders and skiers attend the same private lesson?
This is not recommended, however it is doable. It is very difficult for an instructor to teach snowboarding while wearing skis, and vice versa. If a group of mixed disciplines would like to ride together in a private lesson we suggest hiring an instructor for each.
Are there any age restrictions in a private lessons?
No, our private lesson instructors can teach all ages, however we recommend matching ages and abilities in a private lesson. For children under 5 we suggest a maximum of 2 people in a private lesson.
What if I need to cancel or change my private lesson reservation?
Lessons cancelled after 1pm the day prior will incur a $15 cancellation fee. Same day/or no show cancellations are subject to the full charge of the lesson. For same day cancellations; if you decide to re-schedule for another day a $40 administrative fee will be incurred.
My instructor was great and I would like to show my appreciation! Is it appropriate to tip my instructor?
Gratuities are not expected but are always appreciated.