Personalized learning experience for your child
Benefits of taking a private lesson
- One-on-one attention from our professional instructors (up to 4 children may be included in a private lesson for no additional cost)
- Customized skill-building exercises and technique to improve your child's skiing and snowboarding quickly
- Fun environment that will have your child falling in love with snowsports
- Priority lift line access
- 20% off demo skis and snowboards
What your child will learn
- Your child will be able to confidently ski/ride new terrain at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
- Our instructors are committed to providing an experience that is fun and safe
- Elevate your child's skiing/snowboarding ability - whether they are making first turns or zipping through the terrain park
|Lesson Times||Advance Rate*||Regular Rate|
|Half Day||Any 3 hours between 8am-2pm (meet 15 minutes prior to start time)||$377.30||$405.30|
|Full Day||8am-2pm (meet at 7:45am)||$531.30||$559.30|
Call 800-403-0206 to book
- Private lesson rates do not include lift ticket or rentals
- Up to 4 people can be accommodated in a private lesson for no additional cost
Rentals & Lift Tickets
Equipment rental and lift ticket packages are available for private lesson guests. Please call 530-452-7225 to purchase rentals and lift tickets for your private lesson at least 2 days in advance.
All cancellations must be submitted via our Ski School Cancellation Form. Lessons cancelled or rebooked after 1pm the day prior will incur a $20 cancellation fee for group lessons and a $45 cancellation fee for private lessons. Same day/or no show cancellations are subject to the full charge of the lesson. For same day cancellations, if you decide to re-schedule for another day a $20 administrative fee will be incurred for group lessons and a $45 administrative fee will be incurred for private lessons.
- To rebook this lesson please call 530-452-4349
- Please allow 7-10 business days for refunds to post
|Lesson||Check-in Time||Pick up Time|
|Full Day Lesson7||7:45am||2pm|
|Half Day Lesson||15 minutes prior to lesson start||End of lesson time|
- Squaw Valley: Main Rental Shop in The Village
- Alpine Meadows: Private Lesson Meeting Area located above the Kid’s Magic Carpet
Arrival & Parking
- Directions: Drive up Squaw Valley Road, take a left onto Village East Road. You may park in the Squaw Kids Reserved Parking area, located in the main parking lot. See map below.
- Squaw Kids Reserved Parking: Reserve your lesson in advance and you'll receive complimentary parking in our Squaw Kids Reserved Parking area on weekends & holidays.
Please note: The Squaw Kids building entrance is pedestrian friendly by restricting vehicle access to only those who need accessible access. There is no drop-off area directly in front of Squaw Kids. Our Squaw Kids Reserved Parking Area will be open from 7:30-10am every weekend and holidays. Squaw Kids Reserved Parking is complimentary for Squaw Kids guests with advanced reservations. Present a Squaw Kids enrollment confirmation to the parking attendant.
- Alpine Kids is located on the lower level of the Base Lodge
- You are welcome to park temporarily in the drop-off area just below the Alpine base lodge while checking into Alpine Kids Ski & Snowboard School.
Can I reserve my private lesson ahead of time?
Absolutely. Advanced reservation of our full-day and half-day private lessons allows us to connect you to the best instructor/start time to meet your needs. Private lessons requests can be made over the phone at 800-403-0206, or online.
How many people can take a private lesson at once?
All of our private lessons accommodate up to 4 people at no extra charge, however to give you the best experience we suggest that all persons attending the lesson are of matching abilities. Private lesson groups larger than 4 guests are required to hire an additional instructor.
Can I break up a private lesson between people?
Yes. Your time with your private lesson instructor can be divided any way you like. For example; if you purchase an all-day private lesson, your instructor can spend half the day with you and half with a friend or family member.
Can a private lesson instructor teach any ability level?
Yes, however, if there are multiple people skiing/riding together in one lesson the instructor will choose the terrain that is best suited to needs of the least experienced guest. When booking your private lesson the more you can tell us about what you want to do the better we will be able to pair you with the best instructor
Can both snowboarders and skiers attend the same private lesson?
This is not recommended, however it is doable. It is very difficult for an instructor to teach snowboarding while wearing skis, and vice versa. If a group of mixed disciplines would like to ride together in a private lesson we suggest hiring an instructor for each.
Are there any age restrictions in a private lessons?
No, our private lesson instructors can teach all ages, however we recommend matching ages and abilities in a private lesson. For children under 5 we suggest a maximum of 2 people in a private lesson.
What if I need to cancel or change my private lesson reservation?
Lessons cancelled after 1pm the day prior will incur a $15 cancellation fee. Same day/or no show cancellations are subject to the full charge of the lesson. For same day cancellations; if you decide to re-schedule for another day a $40 administrative fee will be incurred.
May I ski/ride at both Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows during my private lesson?
Yes! Your instructor can teach on both mountains. However, we require that you take a full day lesson if you want to explore both mountains.
What should I bring for my child?
Please label all belongings and make sure children are equipped with the following when they enroll:
- Sunscreen above SPF 15
- Appropriate layered clothing to be outdoors for several hours, no need for a hat because our rental package includes a HELMET (Helmets are required)
- Waterproof gloves or mittens. If it is snowing consider bringing a second pair
- Goggles are required on a windy or snowy day and goggles or sunglasses on a sunny day
- Don't forget to add a snack in your child's pocket.
My instructor was great and I would like to show my appreciation! Is it appropriate to tip my instructor?
Gratuities are not expected but are always appreciated.
Other Important Information
- Parents who wish to watch children in class should watch from a distance to help keep the child's attention on the instructor.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to pick up your child if you would like to talk to your child's instructor.
- Each child will receive a 'report card' at the end of the day so that parents will know what skills were worked on in the class. Instructors will also make suggestions for the next step of instruction.
- Be supportive and encouraging with your child no matter how they do in class.
- Remember, children all learn at a different rates and weather conditions play a big part.
- Please note that these programs are on-snow physically demanding programs and not day care. Participants will be on the snow in active outdoor activities.
Children's Chairlift Riding Code of Conduct
We have developed a children's chairlift code of conduct to help all of us educate our young skiers and riders about the importance of following chairlift best practices. Please take an active role in educating your child on the following guidelines.
- Behave and be respectful of your team mates and others when you are in line, loading the chair, riding the chair, and unloading the chair.
- When you are loading the chair, move promptly from the WAIT HERE board to the LOAD HERE board.
- At the LOAD HERE board,
- Hold your poles in your inside hand
- Look back and to the outside
- Grab outside of chair as it approaches
- SIT BACK, HOLD ON, LOOK FORWARD, AND DON'T FOOL AROUND.
- While you are riding the chair, DO NOT play with skis or boards and DO NOT play with the restraining bar.
- If the lift stops, DO NOT turn around or play around on the chair.
- After you unload the chair,
- Move away from the unloading ramp
- Stay out of the way of others
- Wait for your coach or instructor
- Children that violate this Code of Conduct will be appropriately reprimanded up to and including termination from our program.
- The following websites provide helpful information for preparing your children to ride chairlifts safely: NSAA, Lids on Kids, and Freestyle Terrain.
"Please be advised that your child may be riding lifts alone, with other children, or with adults while enrolled in group or private lessons or Teams. Please advise a Supervisor or Head Coach if you do not wish for your child to ride a chair lift."
Find the instructor that best fits your needs!