Achieve Tahoe leads the way in adaptive sports and recreation for people with disabilities. With over 40 years’ experience, their trained staff and volunteers guide people with disabilities in discovering life without limits. They are a PSIA Member Ski School (Professional Ski Instructors of America). Their PSIA certified instructors and trained volunteers make skiing or snowboarding possible for anyone with physical, sensory or intellectual disabilities.
|Lift Ticket||Season Pass|
That's the motto at Achieve Tahoe; and for more than 40 years, the program directors, volunteers, and student athletes have lived the motto every day. Achieve Tahoe believes that people with disabilities want and have the ability or power to do something great for themselves. We encourage individuals to evolve by removing limitations; and by exploring possibilities. Achieve Tahoe knows that physical activity is crucial to unlocking that power. Achieve Tahoe's programs develop ability by helping to:
- Build self-esteem and generate self-confidence
- Improve mental attitude and outlook
- Develop a sense of determination
- Improve mobility, balance, and coordination
- Increase endurance and strength through physical exercise
- Reduce physical atrophy
- Provide mainstream recreational opportunities
- Provide opportunities to build relationships with families, friends, and peers
To learn more about the history; Achieve Tahoe programs and adaptive equipment; and how to try winter sports, visit the Achieve Tahoe website.